Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 205 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Eaux. Yeah. Good.

This... is depressing.

2. Some people really enjoy sonic dog shit

3. [​IMG]

4. RJF

RJF

I'm glad y'all pitched in with the microphone technical difficulty, because when I was looking into it last night I just couldn't find anything that made sense. Everything said the technical difficulty was that the mic hadn't went up and she had to be handed a mic... but it's literally there on the stage in the performance. Good to know it was just classic early 90s behind the scenes drama. I don't doubt for a second that Madonna bodily lifted someone off the ground by their neck ffff.

5. The fact you were slamming Body Shop the other day, and here you are holding up a pillar of used loo roll from Girl Gone Awful.
    Get Taste Hen,

6. RJF

RJF

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 6.118

2015 PLACEMENT: 142 of 210 (6.5)
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 2 (@Sideout @phoenix123)
    LOWEST SCORE: 1 x 1 (@citoig)
    MY SCORE: 6.5/10

I think this is actually my favourite track off of the Super Deluxe tracks from Rebel Heart, so I'm a bit peeved to see not only tumble so far from its 2015 placing (although a downward trend for Rebel Heart is... maybe starting to look like a bit of a pattern) but to finish before the likes of "Addicted" and "Beautiful Scars", which are both... pretty rotten, and that's the tea, sorry.

That said, my liking it is mostly down to liking it how it sounds, because the lyrics are... You ever hear a song where you can predict what every rhyme is going to be because it's just so damn obvious? That's my problem with "Borrowed Time" in a nutshell. It trades almost exclusively in clichés. It sounds lovely, and the instrumental after the chorus is a lovely little bit of 00s alt rock throwback in its ambience, but overall it's not really anything spectacular. The credits for it are also a damn mess, so I'm guessing this is one of the tracks that got passed around like a hot potato until any individuality was wiped from it. Going by the credits, it looks like it was initially born out of the writing sessions she had with Avicii's team, before going through Savan Kotecha, DJ Dahi, Rami Yacoub, and BloodPop. It's definitely giving me too many cooks teas. This is probably the right time for it to go, so well done, although its other Super Deluxe pals should have bounced before it.​

7. Taste won!

8. RJF

RJF

Sorry to return to this, but
    The way I can just hear this in her early 90s rat queen voice.

9. Aw, "Borrowed Time" is cute and I think that "Beautiful Scars" should've gone before it, speaking of Super Deluxe bonus tracks from "Rebel Heart".
    I absolutely won't miss it, though.

10. LTG

LTG

I'd love to be force choked by Madonna.

11. Jeez, usually my scores are inflated compared to others, rare to be the lowest scorer!

There's just something about the way the lyrics, melody and production just collapse into each other when the chorus that pains me. The whole thing manages to feel bother overworked and slapdash first draft at the same time.

12. Borrowed Time is a bit anonymous but I think would have benefited from a main track list placement cause it has something to say, at least.

MilesAngel and Maki like this.
  13. Yes, cull the rest of the Rebel Heart Super Deluxe tracks.

14. I am bemused why Rebel Heart EP is getting trashed when there is so much from Hard Candy and MDNA to choose from still.

15. Beautiful Scars has probably overstayed its welcome, but Addicted is such a guilty pleasure.

16. Madame X needs to shed a few more tracks before Rebel Heart sees another culling.

Fuchsia, Euphoria, tylerc904 and 8 others like this.
  17. I completey concur.

18. Madame X doesn't need to lose anything for another ten eliminations at least.

19. K94

K94

As long as Veni Vidi Vici isn't done wrong, I don't mind some of those Rebel Heart extras going. I do have a bit of a soft spot for Beautiful Scars, though it sounds like it was recorded underwater.

20. Me reading the Oscars behind-the-scenes tea: AS SHE SHOULLD!!!

Music Is Death and RJF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.