Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. RJF

RJF

Okay, but legitimately, thank you.

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 6.548

2015 PLACEMENT: N/A
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 5 (@HEARTCORE @Dangerous Maknae @paperboyfriendd @KingBruno @Remorque)
    LOWEST SCORE: 0 x 1 (@NightmareBoy)
    MY SCORE: 6/10

Another Madame X cut? Okay... but no more after that or there will be trouble. After playing it a little more coy on the sublime "Medellín", Madonna and Maluma engage in far more amorous banter where they meet up in the club and Maluma's into her, but Madonna feels the need to warn him that she's already burned her way through one hot young thing recently and if you're going to get with her, your melting point needs to be high. This is a fun bop! Madame X is incredibly dense sonically and sometimes lyrically, so the way this acts as a bit of a levity break with "Faz Gostoso" is nice. Maluma's fuckboi laugh at the end really shouldn't do anything for me and yet I can actually feel my legs opening as I think about it typing this??????? Oh well.

My one criticism would be that Madonna's vocals are kinda... flatter than a pancake, which is a shame considering it's her emotive tone in their previous collaboration that makes it so glorious. It's one of the few tracks on the album that Mirwais didn't touch, so perhaps that has something to do with it. We can't win them all, I guess. And this is still fun, but I... was kinda surprised it was still in; on three separate occasions today I had to check what I was actually eliminating at No.169, but maybe my brain is just dying at this point.

No tour performance, so not much else to report here. Peace!​

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. Damn, "Bitch I'm Loca" is definitely not better than "Your Honesty", but there's always at least one crappy elimination each day since we hit top 200, so it's not too surprising.

Womanizer and R27 like this.
  3. RJF

RJF

Have a lovely evening, thread! Let me see what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

...Oh?

Oh.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoHhHhHhHhHhHhH!

Bit of a surprise.

See you then.
    [​IMG]

169. Bitch I'm Loca (Feat. Maluma) - 6.548
    170. Your Honesty - 6.524
    171. Beautiful Scars - 6.461
    172. Something To Remember - 6.458
    173. Love Don't Live Here Anymore - 6.448
    174. Over And Over - 6.433
    175. Another Suitcase In Another Hall - 6.409
    176. Stay - 6.367
    177. Don't Stop - 6.339
    178. Girl Gone Wild - 6.324
    179. I Know It - 6.267
    180. Act Of Contrition - 6.245
    181. Fighting Spirit - 6.227
    182. I Don't Give A (Feat. Nicki Minaj) - 6.203
    183. It's So Cool - 6.191
    184. Illuminati - 6.167
    185. Funana - 6.161
    186. Dance 2Night - 6.152
    187. Borrowed Time - 6.118
    187. History - 6.118
    189. Sooner Or Later - 6.109
    189. One More Chance - 6.109
    191. Back That Up To The Beat - 6.076
    192. Let Down Your Guard - 6.036
    193. Killers Who Are Partying - 6.015
    194. I'm A Sinner - 6.012
    195. I Fucked Up - 5.964
    196 - Some Girls - 5.933
    197. He's A Man - 5.924
    198. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.) - 5.921
    199. Buenos Aires - 5.894
    200. Super Pop - 5.848
    201. Revolver (Feat. Lil Wayne) - 5.827
    202. Can't Stop - 5.77
    203. Ain't No Big Deal - 5.736
    204. Turn Up The Radio - 5.727
    205. Best Friend - 5.721
    206. Graffiti Heart - 5.697
    207. Hanky Panky - 5.691
    208. Love Makes The World Go Round - 5.679
    209. Back In Business - 5.67
    210. Pretender - 5.661
    211. Lament - 5.615
    212. Cyber-Raga - 5.603
    213. Incredible - 5.545
    214. Jimmy Jimmy - 5.521
    215. Now I'm Following You - 5.497
    216. Ring My Bell - 5.424
    217. S.E.X. - 5.373
    218. Spanish Lesson - 4.997
    219. Shoo-Bee-Doo - 4.948
    220. More - 4.852
    221. What Can You Lose - 4.436
    222. Superstar - 4.391
    223. Auto-Tune Baby - 4.121
    224. Cry Baby - 3.367
    225. I'm Going Bananas - 3.327
    226. B-Day Song (Feat. M.I.A.) - 3.000
    227. Hey You - 2.976

4. Those crazy buzz saw robot noises all over the song are so good

5. Finally! It sounds good but I think my main gripe with the track is it doesn't play in Maluma's favor much, which is the opposite case of Medellín. That ending is a bit... ñññ. Bad fake laughing and all, I'd still let him [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] all over my [REDACTED] !

flowersandu, Raichu, Aester and 2 others like this.
  6. I find the constant calling for Heartbeat lately very...tedious

7. Noooo this is the first elimination that stings a bitsy. Bitch I’m Loca is an iconiqué reggaeton bop!! Sigh.. lemme shake my ass a bit in remembrance. RIP.

KingBruno and Future Lover like this.
  8. He wouldn't even let you [REDACTED] his [REDACTED] because apparently he hates us [REDACTED].

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  9. Beautiful Scars is complete and utter shite.

nikkysan and Pop Life like this.
  10. 12 months has done Bitch I'm Loca wonders in my books, it's gone from trash to slutty banger, and that sexy Maluma giggle into I Don't Search I Find is a moment.

11. Oh and speaking of Rebel Heart outtakes, I'm still kind of sad nothing ever came of God Is Love or especially Never Let You Go. I know God Is Love in particular has some fairly trite lyrics but there was potential there, and Never Let You Go was a coat or two of polish/slight re-writing from being basically complete.

Maki, Pop Life and AshtrayHeart like this.
  12. I still can't believe someone managed to unofficially put "Two Steps Behind Me" (as simply "Behind Me") onto iTunes with horrible cover art.

DinahLee and Andy French like this.
  13. The Beautiful Scars demo is really lovely, isn't it? I remember being happy it was on the final cut of the album and then listening to it feeling a bit "...wtf". Haven't returned ever since dd.

Madonna was training her photoshop skills

Phonetics Girl, Maki and Pop Life like this.
  14. And of all tracks to go with...her? I've never ever understood why some fans love it so much apart from still trying to keep a well-extinguished and fairly manufactured beef going.

Pop Life likes this.
  15. RJF

RJF

I... have now fallen into an 80s extended mix hole and can't get out.

16. All I remember about God Is Love is when I kept clicking on links for God Control leak and they were all that annoying piano intro.

Andy French likes this.
  17. I forgot how horrific that Into the Hollywood Groove is, too. That whole Remixed and Revisited was weird, especially when we learned it was culled or massacred down to that.

Your Honesty is a great track. I would love to hear the other tracks from Bedtime Stories. I would love to hear the trajectory of that album since Gary Barlow's Love Won't Wait was originally a demo by Madonna for Bedtime Stories. And I would love to hear the original Secret.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Womanizer and Maki like this.
  18. I gave this a 9, and Beautiful Scars an 8.5, my biggest losses so far along with Girl Gone Wild.

19. Beautiful Scars - 6
    ~ A cute, harmless and very much a bonus track. It's very on the nose and generic sounding, though. I like the little soft disco drop with strings, as well as the chorus, but the rest is just forgettable. I'm not sure how to feel about the production, either. The demo is superior to the original in terms of production choice and vocals, though the melody is averagely good on both versions. Even though there are weaker songs still lingering on (including several "Rebel Heart" tracks), this is pretty much a perfect placement for this insignificant little song.

soratami likes this.
  20. The Rebel Heart extras (I consider the 19 track version the definitive tracklist) are beyond bland to me, so good riddance.

Bitch I'm Loca is great though, too soon.

Your Honesty is nice, and I think people would have more fondness for it if it was an album track.

Womanizer, soratami and joeee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.