Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 244 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Flashbacks to 2015 when I gave my 11 to Rebel Heart...

2. My sugar is raaaaahhhhr

My sugar is raaaaahhhhr

My sugar is raaaaahhhhr

My sugar is raaaaahhhhr

3. It's in the bottom three of her entire discography!

DJHazey likes this.
  4. It’s sad you think that. You need a tune-up bad.

5. RJF

RJF

We’ve already established the bottom three of her discography though and *double checks* “Body Shop” ain’t there!

6. Body Shop is bad, but it's not that bad.

Maki and Sleepycat like this.
  7. "Body Shop" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" are the only Rebel Heart songs I listen to even semi-regularly.

Euphoria, eatyourself and Andrew.L like this.
  8. Body Shop really grew on me, especially after I watched the Rebel Heart Blu-ray. It could do with vocals that don't sound like M was singing to herself while she loaded the washing machine, but otherwise it's a pleasant, breezy number. There's a good few songs that could leave before it.

aux likes this.
  9. RJF

RJF

Good afternoon, thread! Let's kick off our final triple bill of the week, shall we?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCORE: 6.615

2015 PLACEMENT: DOWN
    35 - 130 of 210 (6.764)
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 5 (@tylerc904 @Mister_G @Music Is Life @Weslicious @Maki)
    LOWEST SCORE: 2 x 1 (@theelusivechanteuse)
    MY SCORE: 6/10

This. Is. A. Fucking. Scream. The Like A Prayer sessions saw Madonna produce some of her most exposing, honest ballads, and some of her most exciting, dynamic pop songs... and somehow a song that is quite literally about fucking a ghost with a huge dick was part of that. Kesha "I had sex with a ghost!" Serbert found performing an exorcism!

Like... I don't really know what else to say. "transcendentally imposed yourself on my bed" might be the best phrase ever created in the English language. It's just outrageously camp; the spooky ooky stock noises peppered throughout, the groan-worthy double-entendres, that spoken-word middle-eight ("I can't seeeee yooooooouuuuu...") the fact that she finds herself the recipient of an immaculate conception by the end. And of course the flawless change up in the last chorus when "gonna take my chance on" is changed to "gonna take my pants off" I mean I just--

A ghost baby?

It's one of the few Madonna songs that actually made me burst out laughing on first listen. It's custom built to make you laugh; I wonder if it was just a way of blowing off steam after some heavy writing sessions. Either way, I'm hooting and hollering. If Madonna wants to do comedy in upcoming shows, she should just dust this off. I feel sorry for anyone who hates this and can't accept it in the spirit it was so clearly intended to be given.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  10. I wore out my Cherish cassingle playing Supernatural back in the day!

[​IMG]

11. Her raspy vocals, the pre-chorus, the ghost sex lyrics, all gives me life!

12. I remember being so shocked and happy when I woke up and saw Supernatural thrown in with that random Like a Prayer 30 EP.

Music Is Death, Push, Aester and 2 others like this.
  13. Y'all are way too intellectual with these scores. Is your bussy quaking? If so, then it's at least a 6/10.

I only gave sub-6/10 scores when the bussy failed to quake.

Sail On, stuaw and soratami like this.
  14. R27

R27

I need to actually sit down and read the Supernatural lyrics because I clearly missed a lot. Suddenly, I'm not sure if the 7 I gave it was too much or not enough.

15. I've never realised it's about fucking a ghost. I thought well,

I'm not sure now
    maxresdefault.jpg
    (I gave it an 8)

NightmareBoy likes this.
  16. RJF

RJF

I only realised it was even on that when I searched for "Supernatural" on Spotify in a moment of absent mindedness and, instead of being faced with no result, it came up. The moment I saw the 30th anniversary of Like A Prayer was being celebrated with a re-imagined remix album I barely even looked at the tracklist so it was a nice surprise.

17. It was nice but I really want to know whatever happened to that 4 CD+DVD Super Deluxe reissue that was showing up on the Warner sites.

Andrew.L likes this.
  18. I was always under the impression it was written for one of the original Ghostbusters films, but I've found no record of that, so she really did write a song about fucking a ghost for no reason.

Perhaps, keeping in vein with the album, she was railed by the Holy Spirit?

19. LTG

LTG

That's why Sean punched a hole in the wall right?

20. Kate Bush’s 13 minute song about fucking a Snowman found melting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.