Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Every time I start rating...

[​IMG]

2. Ok but please do some justice to the Bedtime Stories album

Maki, Aester, soratami and 7 others like this.
  3. The... dilemma's.
    [​IMG]

4. Madame X... makes me open an Excel file immediately to spend the next two months pondering my 11.

Crisp X and RJF like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Maki, Music Is Death, Fortune and 5 others like this.
  6. Abso-fucking-lutely. For me it’s categorically her best song from the last decade. The fact that it wasn’t a single - when Madonna is pretty good at picking them out - is just sad.

sfmartin, RJF and nikkysan like this.
  7. aux

aux

8. My 11 is going to Girl Gone Wild.

[​IMG]

Maki, happiestgirl, relby and 19 others like this.
  9. I think American Life is gonna be my highest rated album dd, mostly due to the fact that there's not a song that torpedoes it's average, unlike some of the others that have bonus tracks that drag it down or just one song that really didn't need to be on the album.

Maki, Modeblock, Crisp X and 8 others like this.
  10. RJF

RJF

Jwentz, Maki, soratami and 24 others like this.
  11. Bernard Benassi and Miss Ciccone did what they had to do.

[​IMG]

12. Let me use this as a way to fully get into her catalog after not doing so for so long.

Maki likes this.
  13. Surely Act of Contrition should be the 11 from Like a Prayer even though there are many other songs on that album that are worthy of it.

I mean, "What do you MEAN it's NOT IN THE COMPUTER???!!!" is iconic and even more iconic than the tired "I want to speak to your manager."

14. Me when my ballot gets rejected for overscoring Shoo-Bee-Doo

Push, happiestgirl, relby and 9 others like this.
  15. I love Shoo-Bee-Doo and it's getting a 10.

djmakemewet likes this.
  16. RJF

RJF

Not even 10AM on the first day and I have ballots in my inbox and opinions in my thread.

17. I started doing this over a month ago and I still have 40+ songs to rate, how are people already sending their ballots?

Suddenly I don't feel nervous about some of my choices anymore.

Maki, Sideout, Music Is Death and 6 others like this.
  18. aux

aux

It’s the highest rated on my current draft, followed by Ray of Light and Madame X, which makes sense as their my top three Madonna albums. My lowest rated ones are... surprise, MDNA and I'm Breathless.

I just need to get through the extras now, which is the part of Madonna's discography I'm not super familiar with.

Crisp X, Music Is Death, Lila and 2 others like this.
  19. Girl Gone Wild is extremely fun to bop to in the club but I’m still giving it a 2.

20. Or maybe a 1.5. This is the greatest discography in music we are rating, after all. I can’t be throwing out generous scores willy nilly when Into the fucking Groove is the benchmark.

aux and RJF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.