Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 301 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I won the opportunity to see a soundcheck at Madame X in the Palladium earlier this year but, alas, t'was not to be. Gutted. Would have been amazing to interact with her like that.

cheida, DominoDancing and joeee like this.
  2. I'm glad to see the Why's it So Hard performance again. It's beautiful and a little heart-breaking. 'You know what I'm trying to say, right?', she says at the end, her eyes wide open, shily lifting her chin down. I feel it's pretty rare for M to ask for her audience to comfort her in that way, if that makes sense. But it links back here to the point made earlier in this thread, if I recall correctly, that Girlie Show helped her find herself again after the Erotica backlash.

3. My only Madonna soundcheck experience was in Düsseldorf in 2006. We were let in early and obviously couldn’t believe our eyes that Madonna was still on stage and rehearsing. So while we were cheering and screaming, she just stopped singing and told us in worst Demonna-mode to shut the fuck up. Queen.

4. It gives me great pleasure to see Hey You sat at the very bottom of that list every day.

DominoDancing likes this.
  5. This Used To Be My Playground going out before Top 50 is the first proper shocker for me.

I love how Boy George claimed 'bitch stole my look' for the video.

This Used To Be My Video:

phoenix123 likes this.
  6. I fucking fell out reading this write-up. Holy shit.

berserkboi, nikkysan and djmakemewet like this.
  7. Oh my GODDDdd.

phoenix123 likes this.
  8. The first version I ever heard the one I'll be playing to my grave. Rollergirl is a fucking icon in her ownright.

Xanax likes this.
  9. LTG

LTG

ok but why did Lady Gaga steal Rollergirl's instrumental for Chromatica?

10. I definitely passed over Playground without much of a thought in the 2015 rate, but this time around I clicked a little bit with it and gave an 8.

MilesAngel and Maki like this.
  11. Because I told Gaga I wanted more since Rollergirl dropped off the face of the Earth.

12. I mean she basically served the blueprint for Gwen Stefanis Love.Angel.Music.Baby. But thats another story.

The whole rate is getting INTENSE.

DJHazey likes this.
  13. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Fun fact; Rollergirl has a son named Tiger who is an aspiring professional golfer.

soratami, DJHazey and Xanax like this.
  14. RJF

RJF

I'm going to kick out a couple this afternoon then another couple this evening!

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 10 others like this.
  15. Anyone else hoping ‘Masterpiece’ isn’t’ leaving today? Just me?

16. RJF

RJF

Uh... who wants to tell them?

17. Ahem

Maki and aux like this.
  18. Me when I have two couples over at my house and they’re getting on my nerves.

19. Wow, her latest Instagram post has really thrown me off in every category.

20. Physical Attraction is my lowest score remaining from her debut but it's still an 8.5, a bop, and shouldn't be going anywhere yet.

Here's a capable cover I've getting my life to, that came out recently.

Maki and torontodj like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.