Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 312 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Hell no.

2. I don't see a lie here.

RJF and Future Lover like this.
  3. Asking for La Isla Bonita and Who's That Girl are equally criminal!

phoenix123 and Maki like this.
  4. I see a lie because Gone and Impressive Instant are amazing, too.

Music Is Death, K94, sfmartin and 7 others like this.
  5. Impressive Instant of those two can get thrown a life-ring!

6. "Music" has amazing.mp3 album tracks and I won't hear otherwise. "Runaway Lover", "Paradise (Not for Me)", "Impressive Instant", "Amazing", even "Gone" and "I Deserve It" - all deserve top 100 at least.

A bit surprised "Fever" is still in, since it didn't do particularly well in the previous rate (I think it's the lowest placing song out of the remaining ones on the combined leaderboard of 2015 rate).

MilesAngel likes this.
  7. I seriously considered giving La Isla Bonita my 11, it’s one of my favorite songs ever.

8. I’m personally glad Fever is in even if I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had bombed before now. I think there’s been a bit of a fandom and forum-wide movement to fully stan Erotica in the last few years and that’s reflecting beautifully in its placements.

Music Is Death and Lila like this.
  9. While we’re on the subject.... I know everyone is all about the official Edit One video version but can I get some love for the original album version montage video which we got (in a rush release after Bad Girl only made #10) in the UK.

Yes they are lazy but a good montage video is better than nothing and at least reminds us of past glories.

funkyg likes this.
  10. Can you cold-hearted heathens stop baying for True Blue’s demise. Please and thank you.

11. Wow that really was thrown together, seeing gleeful Cherish Madonna on this sultry track made me laugh a bit.

phoenix123 likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

rav4boy likes this.
  13. Every song left from True Blue, one of the greatest albums of all time, is a 10. Thank you.

14. Let's wrap this page up, so we can get the party startedddddd

15. Faz Gostoso bop
    [​IMG]

16. RJF

RJF

Was drinking in the park and it rained twice so this is a struggle but we'll get there.

We'll get there.

Music Is Death, funkyg, Maki and 10 others like this.
  17. RJF

RJF

We kick off with... another tie! We've got another one after this before we reach the Top 100. What can I say? It's a competitive milestone and all the girls were chomping to get in. Anyway this does not really deserve a new page.

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 7.427

2015 PLACEMENT: N/A
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 9 (@aux @eatyourself @Cutlery @Suburbia @joeee @DinahLee @BEST FICTION @Remorque @
    LOWEST SCORE: 1 x 1 (@NightmareBoy)
    MY SCORE: 6/10

Well, the evil is defeated! ...kind of. I don't think this is bad, but I also find it utterly mystifying that it made it as far as it did. I was actually going about the rate in a regular fashion completely forgetting this even existed let alone was still in and gobbling up iconic songs and far superior album mates in the process until about this time last week when I was at a rare loose end during my... sojourn and decided to look at the list of remaining songs, which I sometimes do just to feel the thrill of knowing that I'm the only person in the world who knows how this six month MESS is going to end, and saw sitting there, at the very end of what was basically a Madame X cull. Like... what? It's a bop, ladies, but... that's about it.

Additionally, it's not even Madonna's own bop. The song is originally by Brazilian-Portuguese artist Blaya, and from what I can gather it was a massive hit in Portugal, hitting the top spot in the country and managing to rack up a pretty sizeable amount of views for what was essentially a local hit (37M currently and counting.) as Madonna has noted when talking about the song, the Portuguese dialect of Brazil is different to the one of Portugal (similar to how French-French and French-Canadian differ, I suppose) so even she felt out of her depth singing authentically on it despite happily butchering Portuguese-Portuguese in other sections of the album. In comes Anitta, an artist who is huge in Brazil by her own right (the Spotify numbers don't lie tbh) to pick up the slack. I'm guessing this got covered because Madonna heard it on the radio all the time in Portugal somehow and thought it would be a cute nod to the influence the region had on her? I've looked all around (basically Googling "madonna faz gostoso why" and "madonna faz gostoso what was the reason cardi b dot gif") and I can't really find why this happened in the way that it did.

It was, however, probably the biggest hit from Madame X after "Medellín". It was comfortably in Madonna's top streamed songs long after the album came out, and I think they even attempted to make it into a single to the point Madonna was openly and publicly asking for money (just a cute $300,000!) to make a video for it. I remember her hashtagging a few things on Instagram for Anitta's attention, but speaking of attention, I wasn't paying much of it when all of this was kicking off, so if anyone can fill in the blanks for my faded ass, I would be appreciative. I'm sure I'm missing a lot just from not being on the ground in either Portugal or Brazil, but in Scotland, where it rained out of nowhere on me twice today. :(

I'll leave you with the original version by Blaya, which sounds exactly the same but no one's mother tongue is getting mauled.

18. I literally love this song and I’m still pissed that it wasn’t a single.

19. RJF

RJF

It's raining again.

[​IMG]

20. A 7.4 not everybody has that!

Maki, soratami and Cutlery like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.