Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 347 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I was never into this song that much until this rate. The chorus is very catchy. I gave the song 8.

phoenix123 and Maki like this.
  2. I also gave it an 8- not one of my go to songs of hers from the 80s but it’s one of those I feel is infused with her DNA.

MilesAngel and Maki like this.
  3. I...forgot Commotion was still here. HOW? It could be erased from her discography entirely and nothing would be lost.

(Nn not RJF taking one look at what was being eliminated this weekend and booking it off as leave. Poor Laura. Hoping the next elim is equally as meaningless. Living For Love...ideally.)

citoig, K94, Remyky22 and 6 others like this.
  4. I still think about this post (re: some poster calling out M's appearance) every single time I listen to Joan of Arc

5. Did anyone say meaningless eliminations? Surely I Deserve It is coming up soon

Verandi and MilesAngel like this.
  6. Don't cry for me dodoriargentina

Music Is Death, Chezam, RJF and 18 others like this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Bottom of the page. Fitting the quality is already dropping.

nikkysan and cheida like this.
  8. There are a lot of weaker songs than "Causing a Commotion". It should've stayed a bit longer for sure.
    The way I read this post at the exact same moment she made "Into the Groove" reference in "Causing a Commotion". Wow.

Daniel_O, berserkboi and MilesAngel like this.
  9. So sad to see the indifference to Causing a Commotion.

The Who's That Girl? opening sequence is one of the best opening sequences ever.

There should be more respect for this classic!

[​IMG]

10. Scream, I genuinely did not even see that last elim. A bop but nothing legendaric.

11. Happy to see Causing a Commotion leave, its alright but I feel its Madge on autopilot, there's nothing particularly memorable about it.

My ideal top 5 would be: Like a Prayer, Into the Groove, Frozen, Vogue and Get Together (or Hung Up)

12. Well then y'all better start posting more HUH

13. I listen to Madonna since I was a child in me mom's car and I only ever found out Commotion existed during that Drag Race lipsync performance

[​IMG]

Fuchsia, dodoriazarbon and soratami like this.
  14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Well what’s your score for Causing A Commotion?

15. The gag about me helping out with this rate is I didn't vote in it

[​IMG]

...but if I had, probably like a 7.5.

16. I have sooooo much love for Causing A Commotion. I think if it had a half decent video it wouldn’t be quite as forgotten/ignored and would probably be a lot higher in this rate.

Maki likes this.
  17. As long as we're killing time until the next elim/page, let's let the Silver Screen Mix have ha moment to shine.

18. I cannot even begin to fathom what it must be like discovering this song now, 33 years later!

I love all the remixes for this song.

19. What?!
    It has one of her most glorious middle 8s ever!

20. If you haven’t seen the film and you like what they call “80s screwball comedies” you should treat yourself.

Was your school Swiss?

Sure, one of the swissest.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.