Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 353 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I'll Remember is very nice but I find the production and melodies to be static and a bit...boring ddd. All of William Orbit's remixes are great though and elevate the song for me. The single cover is gorgeous.

Also the eary-mid 90s short black hair is an incredibly underrated(?) lewk in M canon. She's always looked particularly striking and otherworldly with dark/black hair.

Lila, Maki and joeee like this.
  2. 87

[​IMG]

Wait shit

[​IMG]

My staff has informed me I might've mixed up the artists initially. We regret the error.

Didn't mix up the titles though!

[​IMG]

SCORE: 7.86

2015 PLACEMENT: DOWN 28 - 59 of 210 (7.939)
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 22 (@AshtrayHeart @Vasilios @P'NutButter @discoteca @maverick_79 @DJHazey @Andrew.L @elear @CasperFan @torontodj @dancingwithmyself @unnameable @joeee @VeryPSB @Bleu Noir @Epic Chocolat @phoenix123 @Pop Life @wintersleep @Remorque @Digital Ghost @Weslicious)
    LOWEST SCORE: 1.5 x 1 (@JMRGBY)
    RJF'S SCORE: 7/10

Ratigan really tossed all this soundtrack shit at me and split, huh? Almost as much as you all did from this song's previous placement. Damn, down 28 slots! You really did NOT know who that girl was, huh?

I...don't quite know what all I can say about this one, since I already covered the movie two damn days ago. I personally think 'Causing a Commotion' is better than this, and though both were chart hits, this was the bigger of the two, going #1 on the Hot 100 and snatching Grammy and Golden Globe nominations. Madonna sure went all in, naming a hit single and tour after this flop-ass movie, huh?

The video is whack as hell, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, stans, but it has nothing to do with the movie, right? What was WITH the 1980s and just tossing random children into music videos? And they're in a gazebo and they lead her into the temple from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and she gets her fortune read? What the fuck is going on?!?!? I am so confused. I might have to watch it several more times.

Thus ends my tenure substitute teaching for your wayward host. He'll be back tomorrow, I guess, but be sure to tell him how much better I was. Not that he doesn't know already! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Eh, fuck it.

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 65 others like this.
  3. NO way this is out so soon.
    "Who's That Girl" is one of her best 80s songs. Wow... the curse of being among the extras really struck, no?

Every pleasing elimination is followed by a very painful one, it seems.

4. This is out way too soon.

K94, Filippa, phoenix123 and 8 others like this.
  5. Wait is there about to be mess?! Maybe I'll stick around a bit longer.

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 26 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

"I am Nikki Finn, and I will not be denied. I will know vengeance!"

7. A river: cry me one.
    [​IMG]

Music Is Death, soratami and JMRGBY like this.
  8. R27

R27

I'm fine with this leaving now, but there's definitely a decent amount left that should have gone first.

9. Finally! "Who's That Squirrel" needed to vacate 50 spots ago. One of her very worst vocals on a single. So irritating!

10. I may not have been calling for the songs I dislike every two seconds but I just did the damage I needed to do to get the bad songs out. I’ve two more scores like this left so buckle up!

DominoDancing and Pop Life like this.
  11. Also, while we are at it. Let's make it a trinity of brilliance:

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 18 others like this.
  12. What???? Who's That Girl? Who's That Girl?

It's one of her best bops. It was the name of her second tour. The disrespect!

As Nikki says in the movie, "Get real".

[​IMG]

13. Knowing your (lack of) taste it'll be Like A Prayer and Frozen.

cheida, Phonetics Girl and Verandi like this.
  14. Trintity?! The original may well still be the best...

funkyg, relby, MilesAngel and 3 others like this.
  15. I think she had so many classics back to back in the 80s and that's made her great-but-not-quite-amazing songs from that period seem smaller than they really are.

But yeah no way songs like WTG and Commotion should be out yet.

16. Who's That Girl (Who Weekly Theme Edit)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I'll Remember and Who's That Girl. OUT??? NOW??? We're not even close to the top 50.

I'm checking out girlies. Enjoy your rate.

Filippa likes this.
  18. Lila

Lila Staff Member

NOT you being a wholigan too catch you in the groups sis

19. Two 10s/11 possibilities? Sis.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.