Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 370 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I really wish she’d done this performance at the Brits. I can just picture some of the audience member’s faces at her doing that.

upload_2020-8-20_16-26-35.gif

2. I don't love it or hate it either. I gave it 6. I can enjoy it, but wouldn't rush to listen to it.

3. Well, this happened:
    [​IMG]

I mean, you have a point, but it's not like the last time I mentioned the song was a few weeks ago.
    Also, "my power" can easily refer to the score I gave it affecting its result (i.e. preventing it from reaching the top 80).

I-
    [​IMG]
    Literally my exact thoughts.
    The reason it is her most viewed video on YouTube is because it was made to go viral and become popular, which isn't surprising at all (it's a really good video, though). Actually, there was quite an amount of gimmicky songs/music videos like these during the first half of the 2010's ("Gangnam Style"), which kind of brings me some nostalgia.

Impressive Instant <3

4. I know that it's often the argument of people who love "Bitch I'm Madonna".
    I just want to say, once again, that I don't want Madonna to stop, ever!
    I don't want her to become acceptable, "act her age" (whatever that means) or work with relics from her past either. I just think that it's a bad song. But I'm happy that she's still trying something new and exploring, even if it means getting another "Bitch I'm Madonna".

5. This was me about "Girl Gone Wild" - I think I gave it a 6, since it's just a bland electro-pop song.
    "Bitch I'm Madonna", on the other hand, hurts my ears, no matter how monumental it may be considered.

And it's funny that I love when Madonna goes bonkers and experimental in her songs ("Impressive Instant", "Paradise (Not for Me)", "Isaac", "American Life", "Skin", "Runaway Lover", etc.), but not everything appeals to me, which is completely normal.

6. Bitch I'm Madonna is a 19 though.

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 42 others like this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

'Bitch I'm Madonna' is avant-garde pop. It is perfection. It is an encapsulation of everything Madonna is and should be at that moment in her career.

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 21 others like this.
  8. I gave it an 8 and enjoy it a lot but considering most of what is left, 'Bitch' went out in about the right place.

9. R27

R27

Finally. Look, I can appreciate the fiery energy of the song, but ultimately I feel like the concept is undercooked. “Bitch, I’m Madonna” is a great lyric to centre a hook/song around, but that’s... all the song really has to offer other than clichés such as going hard or going home. I have no problem with Madonna still doing songs about getting lit and partying; this just doesn’t cut it for me. Ultimately, as was mentioned by someone else a few pages ago, I don’t think the song would be nearly as well-received here if it went by a different title.

Womanizer, Euphoria, Maki and 2 others like this.
  10. This is up there with “if someone else sang this you wouldn’t like it” as one of the weirdest, most whataboutist criticisms one can make about a song. Like...maybe, but we don’t have a conduit to other timelines, so...

11. Bitch... is a fucking moment but it got a 9.5 from me.

Devil got a 10 because it’s one of my most played M tracks. I love me a bit of Moodonna.

Promise To Try got an 8.5 and I honestly kind of wish I’d given it full marks. She really created magic with the cinematic melodies on that album.

12. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Um it still would have that drop and "we get freaky if you want" and "you're gonna love this" with the sparkly synths so this is FALSE.

Music Is Death, Chezam, Lila and 5 others like this.
  13. Ugh, it's a shame this was the song to fall today just as I thought we were in the clear!

Y'all won't believe this because after five years it still feels surreal to me but I have a particularly special memory of Bitch, I'm Madonna as it remains the only Madonna song I ever had the pleasure of hearing out at the only club in this stupid city in the middle of Missouri.

It was the summer of 2015, I was tanked off my ass and it was nearing last call so the small floor was packed with college students and a smattering of recent graduates, myself included. Out of fucking nowhere I hear that "we go hard or we go home" chopped into the current song and then it starts to transition into the pre-breakdown segment before "let me blow up this house tonight" came through like a declaration from the heavens. I swear I was the only person in that place who knew what was playing but when that breakdown kicked in every single person went mad like every person in a club does by the last hour no matter what's playing. I remember getting on the railing that separated the dance floor from VIP (which consisted of a smattering of couches and a second bar because Missouri) and gyrating with whatever semblance of coordination had possessed me in that moment before one of the bouncers came over and demanded I get down. It probably lasted all of one minute but sistren getting up on that ledge and seeing the sheer force of nature that is Madonna possessing an unsuspecting crowd to just fucking dance is one of the most visceral moments of euphoria I've ever experienced.

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 30 others like this.
  14. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BITCH I'M MADONNA

UNFIX THE SCORES

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 19 others like this.
  15. Uhmmm???????

Living For Love, Devil Pray, Ghosttown are still in while the best song late-Madonna has released gets eliminated? I am in shock.

16. It's many things (I've certainly had moments of enjoying it for what it is over the years... hence a 5 from me), but avant-garde pop it is not. Basic lyrics and an even more basic production do not an avant-garde pop song make...

R27, Verandi, Sleepycat and 2 others like this.
  17. I don't dislike Living for Love on any level, but it should have been the first of the three singles to go for sure.

18. Nope!

19. Bitch, I am Madonna also feels like the only song on Rebel Heart that actually dared to be something new. It dared to be ugly, over the top and actually matches the cursed energy her instagram has served for ages. (I wish they kept the outro from the original demo though)

Chezam and matthew. like this.
  20. Also, Ghosttown 100% deserves to still be in thanks VERY much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.