Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 374 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. No, I said it's her best album (in my opinion, of course).

Also, the singles effect in this rate has been so apparent. It's not a bad thing per say, but seeing so many amazing album tracks falling before the top 100 doesn't feel right. The fact that seven albums are now down to only singles speaks for itself. At least I'm happy that "Ray of Light", "Music" and "American Life" have some of their precious album tracks in.
    The way everyone turned against me at this point, before I even revealed my biggest unpopular opinions...
    [​IMG]

eatyourself and Daniel_O like this.
  2. The singles from Madame X are legitimately great though, as was Bitch I'm Madonna, as is Ghosttown, as is Living for Love (to a slightly lesser extent)...like you (a general you, no one specifically) can go on and on about tHe SiNgLe EfFeCt as much as you want but sometimes...singles...are good. Shock horror.

Music Is Death, K94, evilsin and 12 others like this.
  3. Madonna is a person who has for the most part gotten the singles correct so, like.

4. I, too, mourn Candy Shop as the Hard Candy lead.

Music Is Death, K94, VeryPSB and 7 others like this.
  5. Right, we're talking about the most prolific pop star of all time here. Like yes, she has plenty of incredible album tracks but this is a full discography rate: it's asinine to ponder why some of the most influential and iconic pop singles ever have largely survived the respective album cuts going into the top 100 when there are 228 songs we're ranking here.

6. I just caught up on thirty pages to end on... that elimination. Mess, but at we won't have to endure the same people calling it "repetitive" every. single. elimination.

Let me bop in memory, and pity those who can't get freaky if they want.

Music Is Death, LTG, Andrew.L and 3 others like this.
  7. You’d not even heard half of these songs till about 30 minutes after the deadline, just stop.

8. I can recall how 99% of the songs go just by seeing their titles (including a few songs that aren't included in the rate, despite being officially released), which is not bad, huh?

9. Yas kill each other etc

10. RJF

RJF

[​IMG]

SCORE: 7.973

2015 PLACEMENT: DOWN 24 - 53 of 210 (8.032)
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 34 (@Vasilios @nanafan @Sprockrooster @maverick_79 @tylerc904 @rav4boy @DJHazey @Andrew.L @Phonetics Boy @Mjg0806 @relby @Andy French @WoW73 @Aester @Modeblock @Daniel_O @Sideout @MilesAngel @joeee @TrueBeliever @Bleu Noir @BEST FICTION @Epic Chocolat @Pop Life @clowezra @Filippa @wintersleep @eliminathan @Remorque @Digital Ghost @Mvnl @Holly Something @Markus1981 @Weslicious)
    LOWEST SCORE: 2 x 1 (@Ramalama)
    MY SCORE: 7/10

This nearly made it into the Top 50 last time around? Girls. "You'll See" leaving now is the perfect example of a song knowing the exact time to leave the stage; I think it's the perfect time for us to be losing it.

Acting as a single for Something To Remember, it was one of the new songs that Madonna worked on with David Foster, along with "One More Chance". I think Foster was basically a go-to producer for balladeering divas before Madonna politely tapped on his door, requesting to collaborate. He... pretty much says that they didn't have much chemistry in the studio and kinda knew it, but they were able to produce two songs out of the mess anyway. I like it! I live for the drama. Is David Foster a, you know, *slacks wrist* because honey, he was serving it on a plate for the queen to deliver. Not only is it a stunningly pristine vocal, I'm always going to be here for Madonna's songs where she vows she's going to be just fine on her own as opposed to the more straightforward love songs, which is why I hold this in far higher regard than "One More Chance", which is just so submissive and insipid.

Another cute tidbit about this track is that it appeared on Susan Boyle's anal bum party way back in 2009 when she was yodelling and hollering any old shit over a tinned orchestra production. Apparently, ol' SuBo would sing this track in auditions pre-Britain's Got Talent, where of course she was frequently told to fuck off because she looked like a Scottish person. Singing this in every failed audition low-key gives me, "...before they turned the gun on themselves." teas, but yes, spite them sis! Susan reportedly requested Madonna personally for permission to use the track when they were planning to do a musical of her life (did that ever come out?) and... Madonna knocked her back. Another door slammed shut! She'll see, I guess.

The song received a video which was... literally a sequel to the video for "Take A Bow", but with even more vaseline smeared on the camera lens. In terms of performances, she took the stage to sing it at Top of the Pops (THROWBACK.) and even performed it on the Drowned World Tour at select dates, albeit not the ones that were filmed professionally. However, there is still potato-quality footage of it! I've also included the single's b-side, a Spanish version of the track named "Verás", and of course the mighty Susan Boyle version. Who wore it best? Enjoy!

11. THIS ENTIRE PARAGRAPH I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT

12. RJF

RJF

Lucky Star
    Borderline
    Burning Up
    Holiday

Material Girl
    Like A Virgin
    Dress You Up

Papa Don't Preach
    Open Your Heart
    Live To Tell
    True Blue
    La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer
    Express Yourself
    Till Death Do Us Part
    Cherish
    Oh Father

Vogue

Erotica
    Deeper And Deeper
    Bad Girl
    Waiting
    Thief Of Hearts
    Rain

Secret
    Human Nature
    Sanctuary
    Bedtime Story
    Take A Bow

Drowned World/Substitute For Love
    Swim
    Ray Of Light
    Skin
    Nothing Really Matters
    Sky Fits Heaven
    Frozen
    The Power Of Goodbye
    To Have And Not To Hold
    Mer Girl

Music
    Impressive Instant
    I Deserve It
    Don't Tell Me
    What It Feels Like For A Girl
    Paradise (Not For Me)
    Gone

American Life
    Hollywood
    Love Profusion
    Nobody Knows Me
    Nothing Fails
    Intervention
    X-Static Process
    Die Another Day
    Easy Ride

Hung Up
    Get Together
    Sorry
    Future Lovers
    Forbidden Love
    Jump
    Isaac

Give It 2 Me
    Miles Away

Living For Love
    Devil Pray
    Ghosttown

Medellín (Feat. Maluma)
    God Control
    Crave (Feat. Swae Lee)
    I Don't Search I Find

Into The Groove
    Crazy For You
    Justify My Love
    Rescue Me
    Beautiful Stranger​

13. Also, she sounds and looks absolutely SNATCHED in You'll See, song and video. One of my favorite vocals of hers ever.

14. Into The Groove
    Crazy For You
    Justify My Love
    Rescue Me
    Beautiful Stranger

A group of 10's. Ugh, even her extra's are iconic. Most girls wish!

15. Su’s Anal Bum Party

16. Poor my would be 11! Glad to see it in the Top 80, all things considered!

17. [​IMG]
    Poor Yolanda

18. Lettuce also not forget that was the FIRST of TWO SuBo Madonna covers.

We love a stan! Even if both of her covers are...not that great! nn

LTG and eatyourself like this.
  19. Another 10 gone. Another one off the rarities list.

[​IMG]

At least "Beautiful Stranger" is holding strong.

[​IMG]

20. No... "You'll See" is considered worse than "Crazy for You" (a song that belongs to that 1% I can't recall how it goes)?!

It so beautiful and was literally my favourite out of the remaining extras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.