Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 375 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. oop

Also scream at wifes #4 and #5 being Yolanda Hadid and Katharine McPhee. I never knew.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You'll See is one of my favourite Madge ballads.
    Also there is a person referring to herself as 'the dutch madonna' who's convinced it's about her cause her name is 'José'.

She met Madonna actually.. and wel... poor everyone

Maki, Filippa and Sprockrooster like this.
  3. Also I looked into it and...I guess the Susan Boyle musical did happen.

Looking at the numbers, it was also 95% covers, 4% traditional hymns and 1% original music. What kind of jukebox musical matryoshka doll?

4. well it is!

Pop Life and Maki like this.
  5. Ouch.

Mvnl likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah.. I guess I can say 'what a professional' but I fear this is a pretty real representation of how meet & greets with avid fans feel to most artists...

7. Why does this sound like a straight to DVD rom com starring Katherine Heigl?

8. You'll See - 10. This is one of my favourites and means a lot to me. When I was at school I was badly bullied but had two good friends. Then over a period of a week they decided they didn't want to be friends anymore, and started bullying me as well. I was devastated and would sit in my room at night listening to music, dreading going to school the next day. You'll See taught me that I could get through these difficult times on my own, but that it was okay to cry, whilst giving me a great deal of strength and courage.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  9. It‘s quite surprising that songs like Waiting, Swim, Sanctuary or I Don‘t Search I Find are still in. They’re not bad at all but if we’re being honest here - MUCH better tracks left already (like Love Tried To Welcome Me)...

Andrew.L and Deleted member 6896 like this.
  10. I think all of them have enough reasons for still being around:
    Waiting - feels like the centerpiece of "Erotica".
    Swim - amazing production ("Frozen" pt. 2 basically) and it obviously benefits from appearing on "Ray of Light".
    Sanctuary - has Björk-ish elements + the transition to "Bedtime Story" (though I am surprised that it's considered the best album track from "Bedtime Stories").
    I Don't Search I Find - well... it has that beat, which has already been mentioned, and is actually quite reminiscent of "Erotica" production-wise.

The remaining albums tracks that are confusing to me are "Future Lovers", "Nobody Knows Me" and, to a much lesser extent, "I Deserve It" and "Mer Girl".

*plays "Love Tried to Welcome Me" and mourns it for the 134th time*

11. Living For Love needs to go.

12. Why do the girls keep coming for Swim when it's literally one of the most excellent alberm tracks in her entire discography? There are PLENTY of other songs that can leave before she even gets a look.
    [​IMG]

Music Is Death, evilsin, R27 and 19 others like this.
  13. You’ll See is so draining. I’m delighted to see it go but it could have gone like, a month ago.

14. Swim is a cute rock girl but I would like seeing the back of it in the next few days

15. People coming for Waiting like it doesn't earn a 10 for that truly iconique send-off alone.

And the next time you want pussy ...
    [disparaging chuckle]
    ... just look in the mirror, baby.
    [innocent humming]

And that, girls, is how you emasculate a man.

[​IMG]

16. All the Andre Betts co-productions on Erotica are 10s. It's a shame Where Life Begins and Secret Garden are gone but I'm happy Waiting is still here.

17. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

It’s a little offensive that a David Foster production outlasted Bitch I’m Madonna tee bee aich.

18. That humming's actually not that innocent. It's "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty~"

I had no idea myself until a few years ago.

19. Waiting was my 90s 11 last time and can stay for a lot longer.

(But it’ll be out within the next ten I’m certain.)

Aester, Lila and Pop Life like this.
  20. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.