Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 376 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Indulge me, this is worth watching or re-watching. Possibly the finest example of Madonna's engagement in a prescient fight for all that is right in this world.

Remember, THIS is the person responsible at least in part for each of these songs we're judging.

We are so fortunate to exist in The Madonna Years.

PS - She mispronounces Medellin at 25:50.

[​IMG]

2. You'll See is an 11 van contender. She sounds powerful on this track.

DJHazey, Maki, Euphoria and 4 others like this.
  3. You'll See is the first elimination that truly stings. Her vocal performance alone has literally brought me to tears many times in my life, and I am sad to see it go.

To be fair, being in the top 80 Madonna songs ever (according to a local group of ciggies) is an accomplishment in and of itself.

DJHazey, Euphoria, MilesAngel and 3 others like this.
  4. I had no idea people had such strong feelings about Bitch I'm Madonna, I honestly had never given it much thought aside from "issa bop".

5. Katharine McPhee greeting her husband David Foster every morning at breakfast:

6. Spanish Eyes should still be here.

[​IMG]

7. "You'll See" is one of her best vocal performances for sure. Should've been in the top 50.

It's been a while since I last mentioned that "Living for Love" needs to leave, right?

Modeblock and berserkboi like this.
  8. I can only imagine people calling for Living For Love to leave haven’t seen the video. Here’s a reminder:

Andrew.L and Sleepycat like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

That Susan Boyle paragraph was high art.

10. Su’s anal bum party sounds epic tho.

11. The Living for Love video is such an over-edited mess. What are those filters? The sound-effects?

gagapourgaga likes this.
  12. Still a 7 on a good day teebs.

soratami likes this.
  13. Everybody and Spotlight were robbed.
    [​IMG]

Deleted member 6896 likes this.
  14. Easy Ride should be top 10.

[​IMG]

15. Probably her best album track of that decade, so it really deserved to go as far as possible.

We're rating songs here, not videos, I think (I haven't seen the video though, but it still doesn't help me like the song more).

Andrew.L likes this.
  16. The Living for Love video is a serve for the most part - I don’t even mind the red filter that much - but the use of Papyrus for the ending text is unforgivable. Like...sis

17. RJF

RJF

Right let's get this to the next page shall we.

18. RJF

RJF

Yeah I think that's a good idea.

19. (Live8 Ray Of Light scream)

20. RJF

RJF

No one gives a fuck what you think.

Music Is Death, funkyg, K94 and 24 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.