Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 384 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Body Shop should still be here, and you cigs did it utterly bloody wrong

2. Body Shop is the one song in the rate that overstayed its welcome the most. It still being here at this point would have been ridiculous.

JMRGBY, Maki and Xanax like this.
  3. I Don't Search I Find is a bop but

4. I genuinely can't believe True Blue didn't make the top 40- what a song. The production and the melody and the lyrics are all in perfect pop alignment

5. All these calls that True Blue should have gone ages ago and yet it still made Top 75 and went up 6 positions. Seethe, haters. It did its thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. 'What they do is their business. But Dorothy if I ever see your hand on Rose's behind, it'll kill me.'

torontodj likes this.
  8. RJF

RJF

Finally. ENOUGH.

[​IMG]

SCORE: 8.012

2015 PLACEMENT: N/A
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 21 (@nikkysan @AshtrayHeart @HEARTCORE @JMRGBY @Cutlery @Suburbia @Andrew.L @Andy French @fatyoshi @godspeed @NightmareBoy @letuinmybackdoor @joeee @Lila @wintersleep @Remorque @ufint @nametag @Music Is Life @japanbonustrack @fancygreen)
    LOWEST SCORE: 4 x 4 (@Dangerous Maknae @Modeblock @Filippa @happiestgirl)
    MY SCORE: 7/10

"I don't get found I STAY found." - Madonna Ciconne, 2019

Ladies. Ladies, ladies, ladies. Why has it taken this long for this song to go out of this rate? Come on now, it's okay, I'm not mad. I just want some answers. I like it just fine, as you can see from my score, but how it managed to claw its way past so many superior songs to actually breach an 8+ average is just a little beyond my understanding. It's an event that just doesn't sit quite right with my spirit. Let's press play and see if listening again reveals any answers.

Hmm.

Ah.

Okay.

I see.

Let's be perfectly honest here: "I Don't Search I Find" is... fierce-sounding nonsense set to a house beat. That's it; that's all it is. No, no. I don't want to hear it. Don't intellectualise it. Don't tell me it's attached to some seminal or semenal memory to make it more than. Just accept that you've maybe got a wee basic streak in you and found yourself adjusting your wig a bit because you will spread your cheeks at the slightest whiff of an 808. It's fine. We're all friends here. Madonna stunting over some dance-pop beats is the main reason we're all in this thread for fuck sake. But... facts are facts, thread. And the fact is that is a bop, and nothing more. It should have been gone before several other Madame X tracks, and it should have been outside the Top 100 entirely.

The song somehow counts as a single in the Madame X era because... it got more remixes than the other tracks and a single cover, I guess? It was also Madonna's 50th No.1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart, making her the first act in history to have fifty No.1s on a single Billboard chart, and across five decades to boot. Didn't they dissolve this chart shortly after this happened? Climb up the rope and cut it after yourself, queen. As an aside: in the decade plus I have been a vicious pop forum faggot, I have never once understood how Dance Club Songs works. Club airplay as reported by DJs? What DJ is crawling out of their k-hole at 5AM because they forgot to report their setlist to Billboard the previous evening? IDK.

"I Don't Search I Find" was performed during the Madame X Tour, apparently in a routine that involved the dancers dressed up as the Madonna you see on the single cover above. Hopefully we'll be seeing that soon if the official release gets a move on!

Me searching and never finding:

[​IMG]

9. 'I Don't Search I Find' is in my album Top 3. I gave it 7.5

10. I didn’t love the tour performance when I saw it but her hip had gone by then so maybe there’ll be more to it on the DVD, whenever it’s coming.

It’s a great callback to her ‘90s house days so for that I gave it a 10/10. And the Honey Dijon Mix is also my favourite remix from the Madame X era.

Mr Blonde and Andy French like this.
  11. Me receiving a "RJF tagged you in a post..." notification
    [​IMG]

Yeah it's a glorified extended interlude and it sounds like it fell completely flat on tour, but I adore it nonetheless

GimmeWork and phoenix123 like this.
  12. It was awesome live.

NightmareBoy likes this.
  13. Okay but "finally enough love" is one of her most simple yet effective lyrics this decade.

14. I love I Don't Search I Find (clock my score), but this feels like the right time for it to leave.

15. Okay, "I Don't Search I Find" is a pretty good song, though not really top 100-worthy, but I'm not mad it went this far. It's not even my lowest remaining "Madame X" score.

Quite an oddity indeed, but there's certainly something "Erotica"-ish about it, which makes me think that's what attracted a lot of listeners to give it higher marks. Does anyone else hear that?

Chezam likes this.
  16. I like that the song apparently samples Vogue's finger snaps, even if they don't quite sound like a direct sample to me.

17. A fucking tune

18. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Honestly looking at the chart's history its all homosexual DJs over the age of 40 running on poppers and Vodka Red Bull.

19. Dance Club Play getting retired still makes me sad. How the fuck else are our favorite deevs supposed to chart when radio arbitrarily decides they've reached their Best By: date at any time between age 30 and 40?

20. RJF

RJF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.