Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 422 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. RJF

RJF

I'm Breathless, because let's be honest.

2. But Confessions is, like, objectively so good.

Jwentz, berserkboi, Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Rebel Heart was such an endearing era and it will always be one of my favorites of her's. The mask came off and I loved her for it.

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 16 others like this.
  4. I'm not sure in what world it's possible to think Ghosttown is a 2, some of y'all saw anything with a release date later than 2005 and floored it.

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 24 others like this.
  5. Medellin and Ghosttown probably are her two best songs from the last 15 years, so bravo in that respect. They both deserved to outlast God Control and a few others I won't name.

Future Lover likes this.
  6. The way this calls like 60% of her online fanbase to the carpet dd

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 12 others like this.

7. Whew this was a total fucking moment for me watching my two faves come together. CC: @Babyface @RainOnFire and the other gals who overlap in stanning!

8. I’m prepared to be the highest scorer of every album at this point since she’s just that genius.

upload_2020-9-2_19-12-18.gif

9. So many painful cuts lately!

Maki likes this.
  10. No...
    "Ghosttown" is my favourite Madonna's song of that decade and actually the only 10 I gave to a song from that decade, too.

However, thinking about it, it seems like the 10 I gave it may have been a tiny bit too generous due to the execution not being perfect, but it really felt like the right step and exactly the sound it suited her at that moment, and it could've been a huge hit. Also, it's one of the very few recent Madonna songs I was already similar with, which may have contributed to the high score. Kind of gives me the Madonna "moment" vibes, too.
    For that reason, I'm not too mad about its departure, but still, it certainly belongs to her top 50 at least and was unfairly eliminated. Glad to see it as the obvious winner of "Rebel Heart".

11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Talk of best Madonna gifs and this not being mentioned??

[​IMG]

Me to Crazy For You regarding its place in the rate

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 15 others like this.
  12. Medellín is just so warm and buoyant. It emotes an escape from the severity of the world and its problems she'll confront later in the record. I particularly enjoy how someone pointed out on Madame X's release day that its place in the tracklisting is so fitting; opening with "I took a pill and had a dream / I went back to my 17th year" sets the stage for a journey, one where she's able to not only impart her hard-earned wisdom but also depart back to the youthful energy we hear here. Plus, the fact that she was able to come out with something so fresh yet so cutting, and so quintessentially Madonna in the year 2019 was so exciting.

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 17 others like this.
  13. Ghosttown deserved at least top 30. It’s become one of my favorite Madonna songs. The lyrics hit a little too close to home these days nn.

The iHeartRadio performance is iconic and a lowkey power move. She called up Taylor in the middle of her imperial phase to sit there and play guitar for her. Iconic.

14. Taylor Swift?
    [​IMG]

16. Just released one of the best selling and most acclaimed albums of the year actually! Following in Madonna’s footsteps whew.

17. Scared for God Control now

R27 and Chezam like this.
  18. If you knew your Madonna history, you'd know this was said in amazement regarding the total dominance of the Bodyguard soundtrack.

phoenix123, MilesAngel and sexercise like this.
  19. RJF

RJF

Madonna wouldn’t be caught dead in the woods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.