Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 425 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I love how a non-mover does grow in average.

Madonna's discography. With every passing year the quality enhances.

Music Is Death, acl, cheida and 5 others like this.
  2. There is nothing more iconic than the Girlie Show "Like a Virgin." Nothing!

Pop Life, Andy French and joeee like this.
  3. Outsold the original.

Music Is Death, evilsin, R27 and 13 others like this.
  4. Like A Virgin is still the Madonna song in Italy. I guess the video being shot in Venice helped the song a lot too on music channels.

Maki likes this.
  5. Like a Virgin is just...impeccably built and delivered. I’ve had a bit of a resurgence with it since the last discography rate as one of her absolute best 80’s singles which is a ridiculously high bar in general. It’s so camp in delivery down to the ad libs that actually sound angelic. I refuse to believe any self respecting queen doesn’t have a bit of affection for it.

Music Is Death, evilsin, acl and 15 others like this.
  6. Like A Würgin is lowkey one of my favorite tour arrangements she’s ever done. The fact that she even had the idea to rework it as a Marlene Dietrich cabaret number is audacious and brilliant.

7. Some of these hags have never been made to feel shiny and new and it shows

8. Right time and glad it’s sheer power was highlighted, regardless of how good the song itself is. It’s proven to be endlessly malleable and genuinely impactful through a dizzying number of transformations. The public just can’t take it. It has the most prudish boppinG. Dance through that shame, cisters, that’s what it’s all about.

Every 3 or so days, the DUN. DUN. DUN-DUN. from the Confessions version tears it’s way through my brain.

9. I love the version she did on Rebel Heart.

10. "Like a Virgin" is iconic and obviously an excellent song, intentionally high pitched vocals and all.
    It's my joint highest score from that album with a 9, but I'm not too fussed about it leaving now, despite not being fair.

Next to miiiiiiiiiiiiiiine... is peak 80's Madonna moment, though.

11. Like a Virgin on the Confessions Tour was a masterpiece. Every other arrangement (including the original), meh.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Only Madonna could sell Like A Virgin every single time, she is the best thing about it.

13. Well, hello! I'll celebrate that. Although I, of course, concede that it is a great pop song and the Confessions outing is unrivaled.

14. I miss Stuart. It has to be said.

Verandi, Future Lover and Asmgz like this.
  15. Y’all, I’m still pressed that neither Medellín or Ghosttown made it to the Top 50, but Sorry is still here.

F0390EC8-1379-4B13-98C5-FA8BB669D813.gif

The worms.

16. As it should be.

17. [​IMG]

Like I said, worms.

Chezam and joeee like this.
  18. Thinking Ghosttown is better than Sorry

19. Sorry, Ghosttown and Medellin are all great and low key very comparable in terms of quality? Why are we doing this.

Music Is Death and Andy French like this.
  20. Like A Vrigin is so iconique, I love every damn second

Music Is Death, rdp and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.