Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 484 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Mine too. It somehow sounds intimate and huge at the same time.

2. Wow, "Oh Father" going before top 20 is very unexpected. I guess (and sincerely hope) that is tonight's shocking exit which was mentioned earlier.

That being said, I'm not too mad about its departure, despite being far from the weakest songs in the top 30. But one thing I can't understand... how the heck did "Justify My Love" and "Music" outlast it?!

MilesAngel likes this.
  3. You tempted me to search "Madonna 2009 VMAs" on YouTube to see what is this about and... I finally found the inspiration behind this masterpiece:

Maki, aux and Andy French like this.
  4. RJF

RJF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SCORE: 8.894

11 x 1

@M24... okay, work

2015 PLACEMENT: UP 1 - 28 of 210 (8.613)
    HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 55 (@nikkysan @Butterfly @eatyourself @HEARTCORE @Sprockrooster @maverick_79 @sfmartin @2014 @Future Lover @DJHazey @AllGagaLike @Cutlery @soratami @GimmeWork @dylanaber @Ana Raquel @fatyoshi @Up Down Suite @CasperFan @1991 @Sail On @Skyline @Modeblock @DominoDancing @Hurricane Drunk @letuinmybackdoor @Drew @Robsolete @Sideout @citoig @joeee @Xanax @TrueBeliever @paperboyfriendd @Miss Lange @Michael17 @phoenix123 @Lila @Pop Life @K94 @clowezra @KingBruno @eliminathan @Remorque @Trinu 3.0 @Mikl C @Verandi @Holly Something @Markus1981 @sexercise @happiestgirl @Music Is Life @Weslicious @Maki @Push)
    LOWEST SCORE: 3 x 1 (@godspeed doing GOD'S WORK)
    MY SCORE: 6.5/10

Sorry, but it's late, I'm tired, this song should have left ages ago, and I don't really have a single thing I want to say about it. EEK BIN DROOVEEK, I guess. Trash. Y'all should have a word with yourselves.

5. Sorry is great (there are no bad songs on Confessions period) but like...the fact that it outlasted Oh Father? Secret Garden? EASY RIDE??

6. RJF

RJF

Tomorrow is our last day of 8/10 scoring songs. Your entire Top 24 is above the 9/10 threshold. What two songs won't make the cut? Come back tomorrow night and find out...

Into The Groove

Papa Don't Preach
    Open Your Heart
    Live To Tell
    La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer
    Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Erotica
    Deeper And Deeper
    Rain

Secret
    Human Nature

Drowned World/Substitute For Love
    Ray Of Light
    Nothing Really Matters
    Sky Fits Heaven
    Frozen
    The Power Of Goodbye

Music
    Don't Tell Me

Nothing Fails

Hung Up
    Get Together

God Control​

7. Sorry beating Oh Father is depressing. Those basic ass lyrics over some of Madonna's best words? The drug use must stop.

8. Honestly I'm expecting God Control and/or Rain to be leaving any day now because this rate is determined to make my blood pressure spike

9. LTG

LTG

Music is really outstaying its welcome

10. I guess we now know that 'Oh Father' was the shocking elimination.

Sorry - 8.5. This is a great song but it's my second least favourite on the album, which speaks to the high calibre of 'Confessions...'

11. Everything left is incredible but if I had lose one of the remaining songs, it would be Nothing Fails.

AllGagaLike and Phonetics Girl like this.
  12. Love Sorry but there’s at least a dozen better songs in its wake so I’m fine with it leaving.

Sky Fits Heaven and Get Together can go next.

Phonetics Girl and MilesAngel like this.
  13. Anyone who dislikes Sorry need to reassess urgently. Thank you.

14. "Sorry" deserved top 10 - my second favourite single and song from that album. It's such a mega bop and the chorus is MASSIVE.
    The demo version with alternate lyrics and new melodies is amazing, too:

A complete banger. Melodic heaven. Such a shame that it never gets an overwhelming praise it deserves.

15. [​IMG]

Also how I felt when I first heard those strings. It just might be my favourite piece of recorded sound ever.
    And my dad is abusive so I used to live vicariously through this song. I'm pleased to say I got away too.

16. Yeah, God Control isn't long for this world. It getting so far proves its status as a modern Madonna classic though.

17. The 90s making up exactly half of the remaining songs. Iconic

18. It's a good song but that's all it is.

Mr Blonde and torontodj like this.
  19. Sorry, you expect this out of a Popjustice rate?

20. The Confessions performance is a serve tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.