Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Her B-Sides, Rarities, Complilation Tracks, Etc section is more worthwhile than 90% of other artist's entire lives.

Mvnl, relby, sfmartin and 21 others like this.
  2. aux

aux

Speaking of, can she put Broken (I'm Sorry) on streaming? A girl needs to bop to this song legally, and I'm not paying £300 for a 12" slab of pink plastic.

3. Celebration.... are we rating the album version or the Benassi remix used for the video (or both)? Because one is vastly superior to the other.

Mvnl and Untouchable Ace like this.

4. A serious 11 contender.

KingBruno, soratami, Crisp X and 10 others like this.
  5. RJF

RJF

Pretty much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not entirely fussed over what version people rate. That goes for the seventeen different mixes of "Express Yourself" too.

FridayNight, Jwentz, funkyg and 13 others like this.
  6. The fact that Madonna could put out a greatest hits composed entirely of soundtrack songs - when will your faves?

7. The album mix of Express Yourself is the superior version.

[​IMG]

Jwentz, Music Is Death and phoenix123 like this.
  8. There's like 40 tens, but we know who the 11 girl really is...

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I know what my 11 is but these are some 10s that need adoration!

Maki, Mvnl, acl and 21 others like this.
  10. Running around in this video serving teenager. How does she have more energy than Dua Lipa your 20 year old fav? Also I’m just going to go ahead and say it - the raggedy blonde wig with the pink tips is cannon.

Crisp X, FridayNight, LTG and 16 others like this.
  11. RJF

RJF

...her real hair I think nn.

Maki, KingBruno, soratami and 15 others like this.
  12. Drew up a rough draft from memory before going back to listen and there are 58 tens... FIFTY-EIGHT.

Strangely, the run from Hard Candy to Rebel Heart, despite a lack of standout marks, features some pretty consistent scoring. Let's see how that changes after listening.

RJF likes this.
  13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Picking an 11 from these three is near impossible.

Mvnl, relby, Jwentz and 8 others like this.
  14. Her best ever ballad? Maybe so. It's unlikely but I'd love it if it managed to crack Top 10.

KingBruno, relby, soratami and 31 others like this.
  15. YES!!! I'm very here for this.
    *clutching my pearls* What have you been doing with your lives?!?!?

Music Is Death, Aester, Maki and 2 others like this.
  16. RJF

RJF

So let me run down how this thread is going to operate for the rest of the year.

One of the best things about Madonna is that she is a great uniter. If there's a homosexual that doesn't like Madonna then strip them of their credentials immediately and direct them to the fifteen CDs that Tesco have on sale, because that's all they're allowed to buy from now on. Her fanbase is broad. There will be people who love songs because they were out clubbing when they came out, while there were be people who love the same song even though they weren't even born when it came out. The best part of the threads in 2015 was the conversations that would happen when those two different approaches crossed, and when they didn't. Madonna is an incredibly formative artist for so many, so let's talk about that. Let's have an amazing conversation about the Queen of Pop for the next six months.

This is part of why commentary is banned. Not only does it make my job easier, it also hopefully gives you more reason to post in the thread, interact with others, and generally give the whole event a bit of buzz to it. There are nearly forty years of history here; let's do our best to honour that!

I'll be doing my best to buoy the thread throughout the voting process too; a few of my own FYCs, along with maybe a couple of In Defence Ofs for some of my favourite misunderstood tracks. Y'all have already started doing the same, so keep it up.

Oh, and someone please get that old whore @push the button back please.

Mvnl, sfmartin, acl and 40 others like this.
  17. There has never been a more appropriate thread for this gif

[​IMG]

I’m not sure I can partake in this rate it’d be a bit pointless the number of 10s I would give.

Mvnl, sometimesxtc, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  18. In this case, I will be rating the MDNA tour version of "Express Yourself" (It's getting a 10).

[​IMG]

aux likes this.
  19. Ooh DEMO Wash All Over Me it is!!!

Mvnl and madgemad like this.
  20. No, there WILL be descension, bith.

RJF likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.