Madonna: The Discography Rate - TOP 100 REVEALED | Page 320 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - TOP 100 REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I am sad for Where Life Begins. Brilliant song.

The Andre Betts co-productions on Erotica are all 10s. Perfection. Waiting and Secret Garden better not be on the horizon anytime soon.

And, as others have said, I'm okay with two eliminations a day or whatever is easier for @RJF. I am enjoying the rate and would like it to last until September/October at least. I'm even okay with the Top 20/30/40/50 being one elimination a day to build anticipation.

Besides, I'm sure each day we will need extra time to sharpen our swords between eliminations

Me, when they come for Bitch, I'm Madonna:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:29 AM
    Chezam, evilsin, Andy French and 6 others like this.
  2. Damn honestly Fever goes off way more than it has any right to.

theelusivechanteuse, R27 and Pop Life like this.
  3. Hopes before top 100:
    I Deserve It
    Love Spent
    True Blue
    White Heat

4. Two eliminations a day is perfect and hopefully a little easier on our host.

And how generous of @RJF to assemble this very officially curated playlist of the first 127 songs out to help us through the pending week-long break :

[​IMG]

5. I Deserve It is probably one of the few songs that sound better to me than previously. I’m not sure whether this means I gave it a higher score, as this time around I graded songs in comparison to each other, rather than to songs in general (otherwise they’d all be a lot higher and mostly tens...).

I’m hopeful Madame X, Bedtime Stories and Erotica stay unbothered for a while now. Don’t get me wrong, I do like American Life but I don’t find it as interesting as these three opuses.

Oh, and for the record, Drowned a World deserves to make the top 10.

6. Controversially, I'm most bothered by some "Like a Prayer" album tracks still being in... because it's friggin "Like a Prayer"
    "Love Tried to Welcome Me" hurt.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM
    Maki likes this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What the hell is Miles Away still doing here.

Future Lover and rav4boy like this.
  8. BTG

BTG

I will not accept Time Stood Still slander. I can’t allow Rupert’s straight man career credentials to have died in vain.

9. Runaway Lover's verses and middle 8 are SO good, but the "chorus" is a total non-event.

10. Material Girl can go?! Fack off @LTG mackeef.

Also, 2 eliminations a day is good to me. With what is left, I imagine the girls will have a lot to say!

11. A steady pace would be better as it means spending longer with the rate- the anticipation of where songs like Prayer, Vogue, La Isla, Music, Don’t Tell Me, Frozen, Nothing Fails etc etc etc is going to be BRUTAL.

Chezam, RainOnFire, Push and 2 others like this.
  12. Two elims a day for the Top 100 is perfect, as they’ll be a lot to discuss.

Oop my mind, my taste...
    But alas @M24 don’t you dare wish anything other than Top 60 for Bye Bye Bab, don’t you do it!!!

M24 and rav4boy like this.
  13. I've really grown to love "Miles Away" and had I actually not been lazy as hell and participated, I would have given it a 10. I find it to be pretty well-written lyrically and melodically, especially in comparison with the rest of Hard Candy. My only gripe is that the production on it sounds pretty dated now, but I'd argue that for most of that album (although Pharrell did end up having a huge hit with "Blurred Lines" 5 years later which sounds like he opened up the old "Give It 2 Me" project file, moved some stuff around and decided to make his plagiarism more obvious but whatever). But even with that issue, I find that it still shines as a song.

Maki, MilesAngel and Cutlery like this.
  14. BTG

BTG

I’ve done some soul searching and I think I did American Pie dirty.

[​IMG]

15. How the HELL is this one still in

16. Oh, there goes my second 10 so far. I'm actually not sure why I get my life so much to "Fever".

Pop Life likes this.
  17. Looking back, I fail to understand how the general consensus is that masterpieces and ultimate album track gems like "Forbidden Love", "Love Tried to Welcome Me" and "Runaway" are deemed weaker than heaps of utterly basic and mediocre songs that are "Celebration", "Love Spent", several songs I'm not naming yet, "Living for Love" etc. etc. etc.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about my hot takes and unpopular opinions.

18. That Arsenio Hall performance of Fever is giving me JazzGa but...actually incredible. She's just the best ever.

19. White Heat
    Living for Love
    Joan of Arc
    I Want You
    Time Stood Still
    Celebration

all need to go. Shoulda been gone a while ago teebs.

20. Because it slaps.

Pop Life, evilsin and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.