Madonna: The Discography Rate | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Just to dig the knife in further, it's averaged even lower than True Blue. Which at the time was second to last in the 1991 leaderboard.
    [​IMG]

2. @RJF throw out her ballot

3. aux

aux

Every tongue that rises against American Life shall fall.

4. Revisiting the albums has been very helpful. Ordinarily I would written off Incredible but after spending an afternoon with Hard Candy I gave it quite a lofty score.

5. Scores will be in once I've narrowed down my 11! Keeps bouncing between two options...

6. Based off one listen? Girl...

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  7. Yeah, I don't think American Life is a bad album by any means and I've given it a fair score. But for a number of reasons it's just not the Madonna album for me, which in a discography of 14 extremely varied projects is bound to happen.

Erotica, Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories are my current top 3.

Island, rav4boy, Babyface and 2 others like this.
  8. what happened to her eyeballs

Phonetics Boy likes this.
  9. You aren't. Most of Hard Candy is utter shit. Some of her worst music ever.

Monkey Meat likes this.
  10. We are not gonna do this again. Hard Candy is a great album and M-dolla is iconic.
    Her sugar is raw

Suburbia and JMRGBY like this.
  11. Imagine being able to muster strong feelings one way or another about most of Hard Candy.

[​IMG]

Womanizer, Jwentz, rav4boy and 2 others like this.
  12. I will be voting, no worries on that! I could pretty much do it in my sleep, I'm just saving the actual act of typing it out for a particularly bleak and hopeless lockdown day.

13. When you're trying to be frugal with your 10s and there's barely anything deserving of a low score so you're basically rating on a scale of 7.5-9.5 and then stressing out because there isn't enough differentiation in your scores and you feel like your ballot (and general existence) are useless.
    [​IMG]

14. Same TBH; I found myself giving everything scores from 10-6 (9.5, 8.5, 7.5, and 6.5 included), then just sticking to solid numbers after that. Some songs are just 5’s, 4’s, and 3’s (i.e. largely shit).

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Maki likes this.
  15. I forgot what a chore it is to listen to I’m Breathless.

clowezra and FridayNight like this.
  16. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.