Madonna: The Discography Rate | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Congratulations!

2. Thank you! It’s in art history so I continue to push further into unemployability.

3. I'm done, with a last look at the scores left to do. I was thrilled to discover most of the extras section, which for some reason I hadn't paid attention to during my early Madonna journey. The Look Of Love in particular is stunning.

4. RJF

RJF

Congrats, you can finally get on to things that matter now.

5. Incredible is great and after over 10 years with it as a fan I still cannot comprehend the vitriol it seems to inspire. I get that it’s a mashup of songs but that’s...why it works? To me it conveys the deterioration of the marriage at the center of its subject matter.

6. I've said it before, but it's honestly one of my all time favorites of hers. My taste is shit though, so...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Bleu Noir likes this.
  7. LTG

LTG

Congrats x

rav4boy, Lila and Maki like this.
  8. 3 tracks into my first MDNA play-through ever and it kinda slaps? I'm shook a bitsy considering how much it's slated. Like Gang Bang is legitimately great?

edit: ok yup the quality level severely declines after the initial trio of bops... nevermind.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Crisp X, nikkysan, sfmartin and 2 others like this.
  9. Well, she voted.

[​IMG]

10. Listening to my 11...

[​IMG]

11. After realising MDNA wasn't the car crash I thought it was- Rebel Heart is truly awful, such a chore to get through all 24 tracks with very little to enjoy. So unfocussed and sprawling. At least Ghosttown is okay but what was she thinking leadng with Living For Love? I'm struggling to score anything above a 5.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I wouldn't call Rebel Heart awful, but it has way too much filler on it. At least you can tell it's a Madonna album unlike the record before it......

Womanizer, Music Is Life, acl and 4 others like this.
  13. Same here, I consider Incredible to be a beautiful track, I love that it turns to a different song altogether. Its very creative and the production is amazing, I never got why people hate it. Its one of the highlights of that album for me.

Bleu Noir, Jonathan27 and evilsin like this.
  14. I've always loved how She's Not Me and Incredible collapse in on themselves half way through. It really elevates both songs.

Music Is Life, cheida, LTG and 2 others like this.
  15. Everybody knows the damn truth
    Our nation lied, we lost respect
    When we wake up, what can we do?
    Get the kids ready, take them to school
    Everybody knows they don't have a chance
    To get a decent job, to have a normal life
    When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh
    They pretend to help, it makes me laugh
    I think I understand why people get a gun
    I think I understand why we all give up
    Every day they have a kind of victory
    Blood of innocence, spread everywhere
    They say that we need love
    But we need more than this

[​IMG]

Hitting me hard today, ladies

16. Rebel Heart revisionism is not what I expected from this rate and I will not be tolerating it.

Bloated? Sure. But there's also a concentrated effort to push Madonna's sound into a more contemporary landscape while proving she could still nail multiple soundscapes across an album. That six song opening stretch in particular was a complete faith restorer.

17. Only about 5 flat out bad songs in Rebel Heart: Wire Reloaded – The Re-Wrap. A mixtape!

18. Completely x

19. Listening to the debut

[​IMG]

Listening to Like a Virgin

[​IMG]

Listening to True Blue

[​IMG]

Listening to Like A Prayer

[​IMG]

20. Fixed it!

nikkysan and Jwentz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.