Madonna | Page 3657 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

2. Not them including remixes that are absent from streaming and still not giving us the Hollywood Jacques Lu Cont mix.

mpl, 4Roses, Mr Blonde and 9 others like this.
  3. I was afraid her AldoDiaz-isms will make their way onto official artwork but a 6LP boxset with those remixes? Woof.

aux likes this.
  4. That extended version is a treasure trove, they did such a good job picking the mixes.

Humanracin and manloveuk like this.

5. Not sure if this was shared, cute! Love the standard cover.

6. [​IMG]
    Edgy! I love the standard edition cover with this recent picture and and the cute handwritten font. I guess it's probably the one Madonna wanted but Warner wasn't too fond of and decided to go with the colorful one for the "main" release.

[​IMG]

The idea here is fine, but the execution seems subpar especially after we've seen proper "montage" artworks done for Celebration. (by the way, with ~50 cover arts to choose from, how the hell did that lazy Living For Love artwork made the cut?)

On a more positive note... finally some justice for this jam 33 years later:
    10. Keep It Together (Alternate Single Remix)

manloveuk, Stopremix and andru like this.
  7. I'm happy for the remix girlies but if we're waiting until August for a remix album, I wonder when we can expect the studio album reissue campaign to properly kick off.

Humanracin and manloveuk like this.
  8. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Looking at the Youtube posting, the standard 16 track will be out June 24th!

Deluxe in August. Who knows why.

9. proper release dates taken from that video:

‘Finally Enough Love’ 16-track album streaming June 24 /
    1-CD, 2-LP & Digital Download Versions Out August 19.
    PRE-ORDER NOW: https://m.lnk.to/FEL

‘Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones’ 50-track album /
    3-CD, 6-LP, Streaming & Digital Download Versions Out August 19.
    PRE-ORDER NOW: https://m.lnk.to/FEL50NO

10. I'm actually kind of emotional. The fact that I can read the titles of mixes (especially ones from like 94-07) and not only instantly hear them in my head but immediately visualize where and what I was doing in my life while I was listening to them and collecting them... from being a literal child to an adult. This woman has been with me for so long, a life companion, so many memories.

neinzedd, mpl, elear and 20 others like this.
  11. I wonder if there will be a continuous mix version at some point. I remember her posting studio pictures with Honey Dijon and Mike Dean around the same time she shared that instagram story of herself having a religious experience to the Sasha remix of Ray of Light...then again Honey could've just been advising for the selection process, I guess

matthew. likes this.
  12. 3cd set sounds right if you put 50 remixes!
    Don’t know how they can justify the 16 tracks… essential remixes? M Fave remixes? Remixes that fit 1cd?

manloveuk likes this.
  13. It's kind of amazing how they managed to get one of the artworks so right and the other one so wrong.

neinzedd likes this.
  14. No Edit One remix???

manloveuk, etienne and Jóga like this.
  15. Because it's her birthday and nowadays vinyls need 6 months to be made.

16. Not a fan of the recent picture cover, but the other one is gorgeous! Nice companion piece to Celebration.

Pity she didn’t record a brand new dance track for it, but it’s still an incredible collection.

manloveuk likes this.
  17. Yeah, he said Madonna loved it, but Warner hated it because it wasn’t “iconic” enough… I guess they compromised and made it the standard cover. Warner having bad taste strikes again! The deluxe is truly abysmal. At least I don’t have to worry about breaking the bank.

18. The lack of taste

aux and mindtrappa like this.
  19. For Spotify users, the "Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix)" remaster released today is available - but the release date is 1987 so it's buried in her discography.

LPT, Daniel L, clowezra and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.