Madonna

I remember back in’t day of being an M stan, finding out about the remixes of her big first singles was always so exciting. Confessions especially was such a golden era for truly iconic remixes. The Paper Faces mix of Let It Will Be remains one of my favourite Madonna moments, it’s just bursting with her energy and having played it loads in sets in da club, it sounds so individual and energetic and weirdly always pops with the gays.
Let It Will Be remix is funky! Reminds me of stuff M.I.A. was doing around the same time (which just goes to show how Madonna has always one eye on the current thing and another on the next)

This 'selections from' approach is a great appetiser for the smorgasbord of brilliance to come and as many have said spotlights how ahead of their time and still fresh sounding now many of her remixes were. It's no accident that this woman has ruled the dancefloor for forty years (and counting).

Finally Enough Love deserves to be her 13th UK #1 album.

he/him

Gorgeous photos here https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/madonna-pride-party-fashion-versace-gucci

59648ff4-2dcc-4cb4-9dde-d21bb5f3db77-madonna_ricardogomes_11.jpg

061affb8-e43a-4a25-a7bb-cf768d4c7e13-pride7.jpg

9911bcfd-9388-4936-8834-d1cae40ee92d-madonna_ricardogomes_9.jpg

Loving the remixes on the new compilation, praying the deluxe gets uploaded to streaming when it's released because I need moar!! More specifically the single mix of Keep It Together.

I watched Desperately Seeking Susan for the first time today. I've been a fan for ages, so I don't know what took me so long. It's a total delight and perfectly captures the grimy NYC milieu that Madonna emerged in, as well as her massive charisma and charm. I love that Rosanna Arquette's character becomes so fixated on M's persona that she spontaneously decides to adopt her whole identity. Relatable, really.

I'm listening to the remix album now and... I guess I should have paid closer attention when the album was announced, because I thought it would be a bit more interesting. I've never really explored Madonna's remixes, so I was expecting to discover some cool reintrepretations of these songs, but aside from a few gems, it's mostly just a bunch of radio edits/single versions and generic club mixes.

he/him
I'm listening to the remix album now and... I guess I should have paid closer attention when the album was announced, because I thought it would be a bit more interesting. I've never really explored Madonna's remixes, so I was expecting to discover some cool reintrepretations of these songs, but aside from a few gems, it's mostly just a bunch of radio edits/single versions and generic club mixes.

Well, yes, pretty sure these were the versions of the tracks that helped the songs go number one on the dance charts at the time. I think it's actually a pretty good way to trace how dance music has progressed over the last 40 years or so. I guess it's seen as "generic" now, but it certainly wasn't the case back then.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

The Keith Haring stuff will always hit hard cos they directly fund my position as an HIV/harm reduction case worker. It's so beautiful to see how much his work has come to prevalence throughout the city. I got to meet the board president not long ago and it was super surreal

f94f16e4cdb9fefb0d673f71b74db61bf703a06e-1850x1298.jpg

He was super sweet

290362094_10158241280865834_9078214170941502070_n.jpg