Madonna

he/him
Ok, the RH leaks were bad, but sometimes I don't understand why she felt she needed to change the songs to make them different. Some changes didn't really work at all.

She mentioned this in an IG Q&A at the time, and said she got caught up reading the fan comments on which versions of the versions to keep and whatnot, and because the leaks were incorrectly labeled, she essentially gave up trying to listen to fans and changed some stuff for the sake of changing it. She also mentioned she never intended on keeping Avicii’s versions, she just wanted to work with his songwriting team.

"Take A Bow" being her favorite video surprised me. It really is gorgeous and what a song.

I was surprised when she said it but it sort of makes perfect sense. It’s like a gorgeous mini-movie with Spanish themes that was soundtracked by a song that in many ways rescued her chart reputation in the USA. Of course she loves it!

She always said Take A Bow was her favorite because she said she had the most fun making it. Also she looks STUNNING in it so it makes sense.
I don’t think it has nothing to do with the Billboard chart. I mean, she just performed the song a couple of times on tour 20 years after the fact.

Do we know why Celebration - The Video Collection dvd omits Nothing really matters video ? and Drowned World ? And Bad Girl ? And Love don't live here anymore ?

We don’t, but those were not hits and the videos were already included on the (superior) Video Collection 93-99. Oh Father and Fever are also missing.
Another reason was probably also space, since the dvds were already packed and they were single layer.
Another one of the reasons why Celebration was the worst thing ever.

She always said Take A Bow was her favorite because she said she had the most fun making it. Also she looks STUNNING in it so it makes sense.
I don’t think it has nothing to do with the Billboard chart. I mean, she just performed the song a couple of times on tour 20 years after the fact.

Wasn't it also basically her Evita audition?

Take A Bow not making the top 10 in the UK, still feels wrong.
To be fair, the physical single released in the UK was not very exciting. No remixes, no b-sides or anything. Just edit, album version and instrumental. Other countries got the remixes.

I never understood this, especially since there was also a limited CD in the UK with prints - but the exact same tracklist as the regular single.

To be fair, the physical single released in the UK was not very exciting. No remixes, no b-sides or anything. Just edit, album version and instrumental. Other countries got the remixes.

I never understood this, especially since there was also a limited CD in the UK with prints - but the exact same tracklist as the regular single.
Oh, yes don't get me wrong, the UK track listing for it did rather suck. Didn't help it's cause I guess.

My favorite thing about Die Another Day is that it feels like the flipside to Music. The latter is so boppy and sunny while the former feels so sinister and dark (aided by the genius video). I had no idea what electroclash was at the time but it was such a trip to hear those sticky, squelchy synths. I'm listening to it now and her vocals against those cut up strings in the beginning literally gave me chills. She was like oh, Bond themes usually have sweeping strings? Here, have this.

Also, are those fucking flamenco hand claps at the start?

Okay girls sorry for the running commentary but the end where she keeps repeating Another Day, Another Day and the hi hat goes nuts made me so excited I almost had a stroke.

Last edited:

This was an unfortunate (and incredibly lazy) habit with the UK releases around that time. See also Oh Father and You’ll see. The curse of the postcard limited editions… I think Suitcase suffered the same fate from memory although I never really paid much attention to that

Westfield London shopping mall loves a bit of Madonna. I work nearby and when I go in for lunch I usually hear a track from our fave - today it’s Give It 2 Me. Yesterday it was Beautiful Stranger.