Madonna

Unapologetic Bitch is THE lost single from that era. It would have done nothing at all, and been a bit odd coming right after Bitch I'm Madonna but it slaps, felt like the mission statement for the album and era long in advance, AND was the show closer on tour! It got it's time I suppose in that way but it deserved a wee video or something at least.

Just throwing it out there that Unapologetic Bitch slaps and that period where she was using it as a hashtag and shoehorning it into her captions every two hours on Instagram only makes me love it more.

#unapologetichorse

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

One of the biggest missed opportunities in her career was seeing through her initial vision of Rebel Heart as a double album - with Living For Love and Unapologetic Bitch as its 2 lead singles. Madonna is an artist, of course, but she is also a pop star. And pop stars thrive on gimmicks (Madonna practically invented this concept). A double album is something she'd never done before and the Romantic and the Renegade shtick was perfect for her. It would have made the album stand out more in her career. Which it deserved because it is a very good album that doesn't get its flowers the way it should.

Mvnl

Staff member
Girls... Madonna not putting Rebel Heart in two neat halves was her doing us a favour. Sasha Fierce was a brilliant way to sequence an album! said nobody ever.

It's erratic but great fun as it is. We really didn't miss out on some high concept.

I feel it could have worked a bit better with Rebel Heart.
Sasha Fierce.. was nice in theory but the ballad side was veeery ballad-y and I remember we played it quite a bit while I worked at a record store and the 2 sides were just too short when you had to put on another disc every 30 minutes or so. (Splitting it up when there was about one album of material on the two discs was also a choice)

1. Sasha Fierce was much better when she re-released it in 2009 with the discs mixed up and compiled onto 1 disc, with additional tracks.

2. Unapologetic Bitch definitely should’ve been a single and there was a summery music video by the pool waiting to happen, a missed opportunity, I’ve envisioned it since hearing this song day one.

3. that SDE review lost me the moment he called Don’t Cry For Me Argentina Miami Mix “atrocious”, I commented saying the album clearly isn’t for him.
Where does he get off? He rarely ever reviews albums but this one he decided to dedicate a whole article and making it very clear nothing post Confessions is worth listening to?

1. Sasha Fierce was much better when she re-released it in 2009 with the discs mixed up and compiled onto 1 disc, with additional tracks.

2. Unapologetic Bitch definitely should’ve been a single and there was a summery music video by the pool waiting to happen, a missed opportunity, I’ve envisioned it since hearing this song day one.

3. that SDE review lost me the moment he called Don’t Cry For Me Argentina Miami Mix “atrocious”, I commented saying the album clearly isn’t for him.
Where does he get off? He rarely ever reviews albums but this one he decided to dedicate a whole article and making it very clear nothing post Confessions is worth listening to?

He also trashed the Erotica remixes. THE NERVE OF IT.

Mvnl

Staff member
I do sorta agree with the fact that disc 1 doesn't fully commit to the remix 'theme' but the rest of the review reads like someone who just doesn't like club mixes or any sort of dance music.
Also.. no recollection of Me Against The Music???