Madonna

KKKKK I always thought it was "Music makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel" and for years it's pissed me off that the sentence never went anywhere. Like, properly riled me as particularly shit songwriting. Turns out that's 22 years of irritation for no reason.

According to madonna.com - the lady herself - it's "makes the" and not "mix the." Sorry if that throws you back into turmoil!

Wait, for 22 years I've thought the lyrics went "Music makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel..." Makes them what you ask? Come together! In retrospect mix makes more sense. But is it actually mix?

Madonna_Everybody_40th_1LPBlack.jpg

Salivating over this.

haha, it was to me and here I was scanning that setlist for Waiting, and I was like "hmm, am I losing my mind here, I don't see Waiting mentioned anywhere, and also what a random choice to play at a Rebel Heart concert". Got me all confused.

I gather there's something in youthless' post that my browser isn't showing me. This is what I can see:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 7.40.14 pm.png

KKKKK I always thought it was "Music makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel" and for years it's pissed me off that the sentence never went anywhere. Like, properly riled me as particularly shit songwriting. Turns out that's 22 years of irritation for no reason.

In my head the sentence is completed in whatever is being said in the distorted vocal that immediately follows, whatever it says.

The strings loop on this is also (very similar to) the outro of Don’t Tell Me and I’m sure there’s a lot more from Production throughout Music.