Madonna | Page 3829 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. That... really wasn't clear.

2. It's ok, the rage wasn't constant enough to seriously affect my quality of life. Like ulcerative colitis, it only flares up every now and then.

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  3. Wait, for 22 years I've thought the lyrics went "Music makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel..." Makes them what you ask? Come together! In retrospect mix makes more sense. But is it actually mix?

Maria likes this.
  4. Now let's pull out this demo vocal:

Firewalker, LPT and RebelFingers like this.
  5. Yeah, the lyric is definitely 'makes'...

brauliocruz likes this.
  6. haha, it was to me and here I was scanning that setlist for Waiting, and I was like "hmm, am I losing my mind here, I don't see Waiting mentioned anywhere, and also what a random choice to play at a Rebel Heart concert". Got me all confused.

7. Love this

8. I gather there's something in youthless' post that my browser isn't showing me. This is what I can see:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 7.40.14 pm.png

9. Yes, you're missing some vital info.
    Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 13.28.33.png

boy toy and AbSynth like this.
  10. Mystery solved. Kind of.

11. In my head the sentence is completed in whatever is being said in the distorted vocal that immediately follows, whatever it says.

12. I think it's either "never gonna stop" or "never wanna stop"

matthew. and OnlyYourLove like this.
  13. Isn't it "never young again" as in the song it comes from?

14. Yeah, the vocal sample is part of the official Music stems!

15. Oh wow I had never heard this. The groove is almost identical.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Firewalker likes this.
  16. The strings loop on this is also (very similar to) the outro of Don’t Tell Me and I’m sure there’s a lot more from Production throughout Music.

17. I was fully expecting the Hung Up On Tokischa video to be really bad judging by the fans reactions, and I even hesitated to watch it, but, I kinda love it?

18. Having a light flirtation with this remix tonight:

OceanBlue, Ferk and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.