Madonna

he/him
I mean, yes, the demo is what's trending, but considering the circumstances in which it got into wider circulation in the first place it doesn't shock me that she's polished it up for a proper release. I appreciate that she doesn't appear to be just taking that obvious first-pass, speeding it up, and plonking it on streaming; it'll be a nice way to hold us over until newer music comes (or the reissues finally kick off, whichever comes first nn)

It still sounds faithful to the original demo but with much more work /production done to it, so I’m here for this, it looks like it’s getting the single treatment, she could have easily just uploaded the leaked demo or the Madame X version.

The new version sounds very interesting and glad it's faithful to the Pharrell demo but it sounds a bit 'off' to my ears, like the mixing hasn't been completed.

Or it might be the way the audio was recorded - sounds like someone recorded it with their phone (Madonna or Ricardo ?).

The new version sounds very interesting and glad it's faithful to the Pharrell demo but it sounds a bit 'off' to my ears, like the mixing hasn't been completed.

Or it might be the way the audio was recorded - sounds like someone recorded it with their phone (Madonna or Ricardo ?).
Yeah it's low quality for sure, it sounds like a recording of a recording so I wouldn't worry.

From what I heard Back That Up is just Madonna mumbling over a Hard Candy era style beat though?

I don’t see how it could be polished from the demo without being resung.