Madonna

Kelly Clarkson and Babyface singing Take A Bow. Really lovely.

So cute! I love how they flipped the vocals and backing vocals from the original and we can hear Babyface doing the main lines.

La Isla Bonita is out on Friday
Digital release?

I'm sorry but no other popstar about to complete 20 years of career will ever have the audacity, talent and catalog to put on a show like this. EVER.

Truly, I am a MDNA Tour lover and Blond/Girlie are out of reach, but the triple triumph of Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions Tour? Whew...

Drowned World was just so bold in the way she decided to present her new material, very conceptual. The weak reception of American Life kinda forced her to step back in time for Re-Invention but it worked. But overall, the peak has got to be Confessions Tour, perfect balance between old and new.

I'm sorry but no other popstar about to complete 20 years of career will ever have the audacity, talent and catalog to put on a show like this. EVER.

Truly, I am a MDNA Tour lover and Blond/Girlie are out of reach, but the triple triumph of Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions Tour? Whew...

Imagine someone having the audacity (and power) to say I am not playing my Greatest Hits, you will only get songs from my last 3 albums and you can take it or leave it and still selling out every date. And the show was so cold and confrontational until she finally thawed out a bit for La Isla Bonita. Still one of her best achievements as a fully conceived performance piece.

25 years. I can close my eyes and go right back to the morning I bought it and played it for the first time (Saturday, the first day I could to to the record store since I didn't have school and we didn't get big releases the day of in my small town back then anyway). It's still probably the most intense era I've ever experienced in terms of anticipation as a new stan. Hunting for Q magazine and Vanity Fair, buying the Frozen single, catching the video on TV for the first time. I can't imagine how many little f words like me had their first contact with electronica, trip hop and dance music via Madonna. Still kind of the holy grail of album experiences for me, the immersion and full body experience of submerging yourself into an album like that with no idea what to expect and having your mind expanded in real time. I wish I could go back there.

The hours of rewatching this and Ultrasound on VHS. And the one where her and RuperT Everett went back to the places she came up in.

Was this part of the special where he visited her in the studio? I still have that one on tape somewhere along with the one where her and Rupert Everett visit the places in New York where she stayed back in the day.

This is actually an unreleased segment but yes. It was the Ultrasound Special.
MTV also released this more raw video from the studio:

The original special:

The Madonna Rising Special:

Madonna Rising is essential. It's got that same combination of reality and absurdity as Truth Or Dare for me - I mean, the scene where M and Rupert drop in on a rock band that's rehearsing in her old building and they just so happen to have a copy of the Frozen single lying on the floor? That's camp!

Her saying “I’m not going to dance on a stage at 50” makes me always scream!