Madonna

Ordered the Ray Of Light sleeve, I hope they will do these sleeves for all of her albums. I don´t mind the actual vinyl not being included, I´ll just use one of my copies for the sleeves like I did with MDNA.

I would be very happy with chronological deluxe releases of her albums and if the same people are overseeing them as the ones for the Prince albums we are in for a treat. Only annoying thing about the Prince releases is how randomly they are put out, but they are very well done.

I’m guessing the 25th anniversary has something to do with it, but I’m just so drawn to the Ray of Light album, I’ve been listening to it over and over again, appreciating all the details in the songs, Billboard made a valid point in a recent article that To Have And Not To Hold is like a bridge between La Isla Bonita and Madame X, I never noticed that before but it does feel like a precursor of what she ended up doing with with that album.
It's fascinating. I listened to Ray of Light so much when it came out it literally became part of my DNA yet listening to it now with more... mature ears, I can appreciate so many more layers and details in the production and structure of the songs. It really never gets old.

Also, +1 to the appreciation of the chillout, balearic vibe of To Have and Not to Hold. The sequencing of the album truly is masterful, the comedown after the more thumping tracks is so lush.

Last edited:
I’m listening to my own 25th Anniversary edition playlist and I’ve added a selection of demos, I’ve got to I’ll Be Gone and Never Love a Stranger and realising her voice sounds very much like her Bedtime Stories vocals, her voice changed a lot after that album due to the vocal training for Evita, is it possible these were left overs from the Bedtime Stories sessions and considered for the next album before the Ray of Light concept came?

He/Him/His
I’m listening to my own 25th Anniversary edition playlist and I’ve added a selection of demos, I’ve got to I’ll Be Gone and Never Love a Stranger and realising her voice sounds very much like her Bedtime Stories vocals, her voice changed a lot after that album due to the vocal training for Evita, is it possible these were left overs from the Bedtime Stories sessions and considered for the next album before the Ray of Light concept came?
M hooked up with Babyface in 1997 for early sessions then decided to pivot/reinvent.

Never Love a Stranger sounds so 90's in the best way...it sounds like it could have been on Bedtime Stories or Something to Remember.