Madonna

he/him
The UK single release was extremely lazy. One CD single with just the edit, album version and instrumental plus a picture disc where it looks like they went out of their way to find as uninteresting picture as possible to use.

There was also a limited CD single with prints but instead of using the remixes released in other countries this had the exact same track list as the regular single. Same for the cassette single, just edit and instrumental.
It also has irrationally irritated me for years that the single cover used a still from the Secret video.

It also has irrationally irritated me for years that the single cover used a still from the Secret video.

By then it was yet another in a long string of single covers to do that. It always irritated me when a Madonna single cover was from a previous video or era. The most irritating were:

Dear Jessie (1987 magazine shoot)
Vogue (Express Yourself video)
Crazy For You / Rescue Me (Justify My Love video)
I’ll Remember (Rain video)

The Take A Bow single release was really lame by the looks of it. A Madonna classic all the same though and nice it was a huge hit in the US.
It pretty much saved her career in the US. That song was unbelievably huge, which is why the video got a sequel with "You'll See." Is "Take a Bow" still her most success US single? It was #1 for 7 weeks. "Like a Virgin" was #1 for 6.

It pretty much saved her career in the US. That song was unbelievably huge, which is why the video got a sequel with "You'll See." Is "Take a Bow" still her most success US single? It was #1 for 7 weeks. "Like a Virgin" was #1 for 6.
Probably one of the biggest 90's songs in the U.S no surprise they used it for the 90210 final season promos which I always remember...

I believe Take A Bow is her longest-running #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. I don't know if it's her biggest selling or biggest in terms of sales + airplay but it's up there, but definitely the longest running #1.

Despite still experiencing the backlash from the Sex book and then the David Letterman appearance, 1994 was a great year for Madonna singles - I'll Remember, Secret and Take a Bow were huge hits. It was only Human Nature and Bedtime Story that were (shockingly, at the time) the first Madonna singles to miss the US Top 40.

I remember when I first heard Take a Bow, I knew it was going to be a huge hit. It was so lush and was perfect for radio.

I believe Take A Bow is her longest-running #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. I don't know if it's her biggest selling or biggest in terms of sales + airplay but it's up there, but definitely the longest running #1.

Despite still experiencing the backlash from the Sex book and then the David Letterman appearance, 1994 was a great year for Madonna singles - I'll Remember, Secret and Take a Bow were huge hits. It was only Human Nature and Bedtime Story that were (shockingly, at the time) the first Madonna singles to miss the US Top 40.

I remember when I first heard Take a Bow, I knew it was going to be a huge hit. It was so lush and was perfect for radio.
The video also helped. VH1 played it non-stop. She even did a promo for VH1 of the set on the video.