Madonna

Neil over at MadonnaTribe says:
Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

I can guarantee that the track listings suggested are exhaustive.

he/him
nn not to be a stan but Janet definitely has Madge beat when it comes to quality control. Her lows are generic and boring at worst while Madonna has MDNA and Hey You...

For me MDNA was just a whole lot of nothing, I honestly forget it exists most of the time?

Girl Gone Wild, I Don't Give A and Gang Bang are all basic bops (and the only ones I occasionally return to).

He/Him
Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

“…if they go down a physical product route”.

I can’t believe we still don’t know for sure whether or not there’s actually going to be physical products. It’s bizarre!

Hi, sorry, what is this referring to?

Surely they'll be going down the physical route? I really don't see them wanting to miss out on cashing in!
Considering the Prince super deluxe versions have abruptly stopped, I don't know if there's enough money in the reissue market vs production and distribution costs.

There'll be physical copies for certain, but whether each one will be multi discs a la Dannii's Neon nights is highly unlikely, but then again, her fans are used to splashing the cash on her so anything is possible.

nn not to be a stan but Janet definitely has Madge beat when it comes to quality control. Her lows are generic and boring at worst while Madonna has MDNA and Hey You...

Please. Let’s not start this. By the way, at least Madonna is still a working artist with new stuff coming. How many albums did Janet released in the last 10 years?

he/him
Okay, but the fact an obscure freebie like “Hey You” (?!) even had to be whipped out is just a further testament to the quality of M’s output. At that point you’re just grasping for something bad.

And I’ve said it so many times, but MDNA’s greatest sin is the fact they didn’t give it 3 more months to cook. It would have been a pretty damn good poppers o’clock divorce album if it were finished.