Madonna

Thin White Duck Mix is the one remix I wish she picked for the Finally Enough Love compilation. The Calderone/Quayle mix is fun but Stuart Price's is far superior.
I would have want for the Oakenfold mix, since it’s more full vocal mix. But, at least we have them all to stream now!

Are we meant to be getting any Warner reissues this year or is it from 2024?
The reissue campaign started last year with the Who’s That Girl EP, Finally Enough Love, Erotica Picture Disc, American Life Mixshow. We are getting deluxe album too, the plan was to release the first one this month/next month but something changed. Maybe we’ll get something at the end of the year.

D

Deleted member 31207

The reissue campaign started last year with the Who’s That Girl EP, Finally Enough Love, Erotica Picture Disc, American Life Mixshow. We are getting deluxe album too, the plan was to release the first one this month/next month but something changed. Maybe we’ll get something at the end of the year.
Well apart from finally enough love i didn’t even realise the others where part of the new re-issue campaign. Outside of the Madonna fandom you wouldn’t have even been aware of any of them coming out apart from finally enough love. The others then should have been better advertised to the general public I feel or a bigger release like finally enough love did

Well apart from finally enough love i didn’t even realise the others where part of the new re-issue campaign. Outside of the Madonna fandom you wouldn’t have even been aware of any of them coming out apart from finally enough love. The others then should have been better advertised to the general public I feel or a bigger release like finally enough love did
Sorry but both the WTG Ep and The American Life Ep were huge sellers for RSD.

Hollywood (the song) has … never been top-tier Madonna for me. Sorry. Must be a combination of the rhyme dictionary realness of its lyrics and the way she relentlessly/desperately tried to flog it to the GP by mixing it up with older classics. I mean, Get Into The Hollywood Groove is absolutely dire and will haunt my nightmares until the end of my days. BUT the video is one of her most iconique - I remember how, beyond the whole copyright lawsuit, the shots of Madonna getting botox caused quite a scandal - and that Jacques Lu Cont remix? More like Jacques Lu Cunt. Let me add it to my MOTHER playlist real quick.

Caved in and ordered MDNA from iMusic which is now showing as shipping August 4th. A Barnes & Noble listing has popped up as well, marked as a Dutch import repress.

Hollywood is such a weird song but I find it so... "atmospheric". It's the kind of song that really paints a whole image in your head (and the video being so fucking iconic helps with that too). I really hope we'll hear some of its other incarnations someday if it's true that she kept tweaking it for some time before settling down with the Folk-Dancepop

Currently obsessed with this one:

My favourite Madonna cover version, and so glad we got that digital single EP. Love that mid 90s vibe to it so much.

There are a couple of dance mixes that I really like that were only released on promo 12" records. They are of course quite dated now but I have been playing those records a lot lately. A shame the mixes did not get official release at the time, might have stirred up a little more interest in the single.

Last edited:
There are a couple of dance mixes that I really like that were only released on promo 12" records. They are of course quite dated now but I have been playing those records quite a lot lately. A shame the mixes did not get official release at the time, might have stirred up a little more interest in the single.
This should have been given a UK release over the dire One More Chance in my view. Not saying it still would have been a smash hit, but a much better option personally.