Madonna

In interviews it sounded like Guy Oseary brought him to Madonna’s attention for “Ray of Light” but he was already doing remixes for her. I wonder how familiar she was with him before working on an album with him.

In interviews it sounded like Guy Oseary brought him to Madonna’s attention for “Ray of Light” but he was already doing remixes for her. I wonder how familiar she was with him before working on an album with him.
I've read that she wanted to collaborate with him because she loved the Strange Cargo albums.
She also used the Orbit mix of Justify My Love on tour so she probably was somewhat familiar with him.

Amazing! I recently got into reading a lot of music magazines so this is great.
There's also these ones from recently.

The two magazines you posted are..ok. Lots of stuff straight from Wikipedia. The Record Collector Magazine sounds waaaay better. They usually do great stuff, the one for Kate Bush was great.
The best kind of “all about Madonna” magazine till this day is the Q special from 20 years ago or something.

I had never heard of the 33 1/3 books but had a look on Amazon and most of the albums covered tend to be alternative/rock the kind of stuff you see on those endless lists of “Best albums ever” produced exclusively by white middle aged straight men but there was the odd pop album so I bought Faith, Dangerous and Kylie.

I know nobody cares about this but imagine my surprise while being super busy at the gym (reading lyrics on Spotify on my phone instead of exerting any effort) to discover that the 'Into the Groove' lyric is "at night, I lock the doors where no-one else can see"

Since I was 9, I've been singing "at night, I like to doze where no-one else can see", and to be honest, I think my version makes more sense. I mean, who wants people looking at them while they sleep? And why would it matter if someone sees you lock a door or not?

I know nobody cares about this but imagine my surprise while being super busy at the gym (reading lyrics on Spotify on my phone instead of exerting any effort) to discover that the 'Into the Groove' lyric is "at night, I lock the doors where no-one else can see"

Since I was 9, I've been singing "at night, I like to doze where no-one else can see", and to be honest, I think my version makes more sense. I mean, who wants people looking at them while they sleep? And why would it matter if someone sees you lock a door or not?
She means that she doesn’t want anyone to see her dancing in her room.

LTG

he/him

I-