Madonna

Most Madonna UK single releases seemed to get rather lazy treatment I think. Take A Bow's poor chart placement, could also be partially contributed to that. There was nothing enticing at all on the track listing outside a die hard fan to buy.
This is true. See also Crazy For You in 1991 - featuring the remix from The Immaculate Collection, the Shep Pettibone remix of Into The Groove from You Can Dance and Shep's remix of Keep It Together - previously seen a year earlier on Vogue.

See also Dear Jessie - which recycled the album versions of Holiday and Till Death Do Us Part. All widely available elsewhere on other, successful, releases.

This is true. See also Crazy For You in 1991 - featuring the remix from The Immaculate Collection, the Shep Pettibone remix of Into The Groove from You Can Dance and Shep's remix of Keep It Together - previously seen a year earlier on Vogue.

See also Dear Jessie - which recycled the album versions of Holiday and Till Death Do Us Part. All widely available elsewhere on other, successful, releases.
It's a shame that they took it for granted that fans would lap anything up for the most part. For such a major artist, she hardly ever had any B-sides of new material.

It's a shame that they took it for granted that fans would lap anything up for the most part. For such a major artist, she hardly ever had any B-sides of new material.
What seemed strange was that there were remixes commissioned and available of previous songs that could have supported the UK single releases, as they'd not appeared on the single release at the time. The Local Mix of Express Yourself could have bolstered Dear Jessie. The You Can Dance single edits. The Beast Within and Hip Hop Mixes of Justify My Love. There's quite a list from those years of missed opportunities.

What seemed strange was that there were remixes commissioned and available of previous songs that could have supported the UK single releases, as they'd not appeared on the single release at the time. The Local Mix of Express Yourself could have bolstered Dear Jessie. The You Can Dance single edits. The Beast Within and Hip Hop Mixes of Justify My Love. There's quite a list from those years of missed opportunities.
Seems so easy when you think about it really. Makes it even more annoying.

Really though. Was anybody buying Cherish for the B-side? I think they were right in thinking there was no need to boost single sales with rarities. Even very early on in her career I think she became highly collectible so they went down the route of limiting releases, having local releases etc.

I mean its not even about rare demos or obscure tracks, how long have we been waiting for the actual released single remix of Open Your Heart to be released in digital form? and until recently the only way you could get the single version of UK #1 by a megastar at the height of her fame, True Blue, was on a random radio 1 hits compilation CD from 1992.

With True Blue still selling well in 1987 and no time to record a full new album, it would've been nice to have the Who's That Girl soundtrack consist of one side of new material (the four tracks and Spotlight), and one side of older songs. She could've given those orphan songs a parent album! (Crazy For You, Gambler, Into the Groove, Ain't no Big Deal)
But shouldn’t it be songs connected to the film? “Crazy for You” and “Into the Groove” are connected to another one.

I'll Remember works so well because it is a terrific Madonna song but it's also such a great radio song. It's unabashedly commercial but that is not a bad thing. It helped restore Madonna's chart success (at least in the States).

There is something about Madonna and soundtrack songs. The perfect pairing - Into the Groove, Crazy For You, Live to Tell, Who's That Girl singles and so many more.