Madonna

On Finally Enough Love, they should have kept the Everybody YCD Mix as an exclusive opener for the 16-tracker edition (since it wasn’t really a number one) and replaced the YCD Mixes of Everybody and Physical Attraction by remixes of Angel and Causing A Commotion on the 50-tracker. Into The Groove YCD would be on both representing You Can Dance. This would make the “50 number ones” real.

On Finally Enough Love, they should have kept the Everybody YCD Mix as an exclusive opener for the 16-tracker edition (since it wasn’t really a number one) and replaced the YCD Mixes of Everybody and Physical Attraction by remixes of Angel and Causing A Commotion on the 50-tracker. Into The Groove YCD would be on both representing You Can Dance. This would make the “50 number ones” real.
Completely agree - it was kind of redundant to have three You Can Dance Edits on three since the whole Edits compilations got a digital release later.
If she would retcon anything, I'm surprised it was not Human Nature given how much she likes it.

He/Him/His
Girlies, is the recent Madonna biography any good?
The focus on her early life and career is the most rewarding, and it becomes a little dull once it gets to the past decade or so, but the bulk of the book is really good and well-researched. Even if it's not all brand new information, the author viewing her career through a sociocultural lens helps contextualize it or add new perspective. I really enjoyed it.

Also, the way it's broken up into Michigan, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Lisbon is iconic to me. Where's the mini-series? It would be a great starting point for any future work on Madonna if she never puts our her autobiopic.

Last edited:
Completely agree - it was kind of redundant to have three You Can Dance Edits on three since the whole Edits compilations got a digital release later.
If she would retcon anything, I'm surprised it was not Human Nature given how much she likes it.
Human Nature never went to number 1, the You Can Dance edits were number 1.

Girlies, is the recent Madonna biography any good?

I got the audiobook. I'm at the launch of Ray of Light and so far it's been great. It gives you a good perspective at her intentions and achievements behind each step of her career as well as the public perception about her at the time.

Some comments I've read are that as it gets closer to present day, it becomes less insightful (maybe NDAs kicking in) and the writer supposedly start idealizing her too much (personal preference if that's a good or bad thing, perhaps).