Magdalena Bay - "Image" + Imaginal Disk (Aug 23)

Those final 45 seconds where they dial up the crunch-o-meter

IMG-7933.gif

Image is absolutely wonderful. Trippy key changes + blissed-out disco + fuzz = heaven.

One thing about Mag Bay, they commit to a concept. Love the psychedelic switch of this era, and judging by some of the lore and material available at the album website, there's gonna be more. They did mention during the Image post-premiere livestream that the entire album fits the vibe of the visuals and looks so far. They also kinda sidestepped the "Is this a rock opera?" question, saying stuff like "Well is depends, how do you define a rock opera?" which made me hmmmmmm

Image is absolutely wonderful. Trippy key changes + blissed-out disco + fuzz = heaven.

One thing about Mag Bay, they commit to a concept. Love the psychedelic switch of this era, and judging by some of the lore and material available at the album website, there's gonna be more. They did mention during the Image post-premiere livestream that the entire album fits the vibe of the visuals and looks so far. They also kinda sidestepped the "Is this a rock opera?" question, saying stuff like "Well is depends, how do you define a rock opera?" which made me hmmmmmm
Totally agree. I love how hands on they are with every aspect of the music and visuals. It was the same with Mercurial World and the mini mixes, where you feel like you are entering their world.

I noticed that the Image video goes directly into Death & Romance, and obviously that video also has Fear, Sex included which are all b2b on the tracklist. Considering the reoccurring characters and aesthetic, I wonder if they have made a full length film for the whole album? There is clearly some kinda story being told here.

They sent out a DVD to random fans and there is a lot of clips/sets that we haven't yet seen in the two music videos.