Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jun 17, 2016.

1. I bought tickets today to see her in Charlotte. The Ryman in Nashville sold out like... immediately

Sail On likes this.
  2. I see she's playing two shows at Radio City in October. I really want to go but they're both on a weekday. What to do?

3. Buy some Red Bull (or your preferred substance with a similar effect) and power through.

Can’t believe I’m seeing her three weeks from today at a 1k capacity venue. Glad I snatched tickets as I’m sure this will be the last chance to see her in such an intimate setting.

4. Phew! I hadn't given this full album a spin for a bitsy (my roommate banned me from playing it on the bluetooth after two weeks of hearing it nonstop) and it is such a staggeringly good debut. It has it's bumps but when she gets it right, it's so right. The combo of "Overnight" and "The Knife" kills me every time especially as she just attacks the vocals in the last run of "The Knife's" chorus

Meathook likes this.
  5. Not that singles are too important for her, but Wikipedia is listing Burning as the next one. Is there any truth to that?

6. Successful queen.

7. Saw her tonight in Seattle and she was brilliant, talented, showstopping, etc... Only minor qualm is that she didn’t come onstage until after 10pm on a Tuesday (some of us have work in the morning, sis) but other than that it was absolutely perfect. She sounds even better live than she does on record, and adds all kinds of new adlibs live which take the songs to another level. Would definitely recommend seeing her, if you have the chance.

8. Yeah, I live in the city I actually just moved back here a couple months ago! And I agree, Showbox definitely has its limitations as a venue. She’s playing WaMu next time she’s here though, I honestly might try and go again ddd.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  9. She just did an interview with Nardwuar and it's really worth watching!

Sail On likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

is that the guy @Andy French stans? x

11. I need a proper TV performance of Back In My Body.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  12. Is WaMu a good venue then? I'm visiting Seattle in September and she's playing the day after I arrive!

13. Any Charlotte based users? They upgraded the show from the Fillmore to the Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre and I have some questions

14. I haven’t actually been to a show at WaMu in a couple of years, but from what I can remember I much prefer it to Showbox Sodo. It’s actually a purpose-built theater while Showbox is a converted warehouse, so there are some view obstructions.

15. She's playing "Say It" on Fallon tonight.

Trouble in Paradise and godspeed like this.
  16. This album is just SO good.

I think Overnight is one of my favourite songs of 2019 so far.

17. Overnight is top 3 for me this year! The album is great! Talent!

18. I still can't get over how beautiful this song, album, voice, person, Maggie Rogers is.

Her and Miya Folick's Premonitions are giving me all the '90's singer songwriter female vocalist but make it 2019' life that I need.

19. I'm listening to this album again, and phew, it's so good. I think the only song that never really clicked with me is Past Life - everything else is amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.