Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album) | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jun 17, 2016.

1. There's not one bad song on this album.

AshleyKerwin, Timbo and notyourmate like this.
  2. I saw her a couple of weeks ago at the Sydney Opera House and she was phenomenal. Her voice with the acoustics of the concert hall during her encore when she sang unaccompanied legitimately gave me chills.

She got a ton of positive press in Australia, and it's nice to see the album campaign extending well beyond the initial release - especially when it felt like such a long haul to get there. But it was definitely worth the wait, what an album.

Timbo and maikos87 like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Past Life is a bit miserable but everything else is so great. Also I nearly screamed when Light On started playing during the Emma Thompson starring Late Night! Taste.

4. I was never blown away by the album, but it's competent nonetheless. The best thing on it is still Alaska, but Retrograde is an A+ banger.

Euphoria likes this.
  5. Alaska is one of the weaker ones, teebs.

Sail On likes this.
  6. Alaska is the best song of all time.

7. SMG

SMG

I can’t wait to see her in a couple of weeks.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. K94

K94

Alaska, Say It, and The Knife PERIOD'T!

BritPopLover, jv2612 and Jersey like this.
  9. The only ‘weak’ song is Give A Little, but even that is a solid 7. The rest of the album is basically perfect.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Give A Little is a brilliant opener though?? Fallingwater is under appreciated too.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  11. Back In My Body needs it's moment with the general public.

The holy Trinity of this decade is Leave My Body by Florence, Dead in the Water by Ellie and Back in My Body by Maggie. Listen, die, be reborn.

12. Say It remains my fave. Fallingwater and Give a Little round out a Top 3. Weakest is On + Off.

13. Really?

aux likes this.
  14. Fallingwater is her best song ever (for now), and on the album.

I love the rest, her voice still fucking gives me the chills, everytime I hear it.

15. Back In My Body is truly the one. It hits hard every single time.

Babyface and ladygagaogaga like this.
  16. Burning really is that euphoric bop huh?

heavymetalGAGA and Timbo like this.
  17. I think it’s clear we agree that the album is start to finish 10/10s.

18. Burning on Ellen:

aux likes this.
  19. The signed album is on discount on Amazon UK. When you check out, it turns into 9 pounds ++.

Just ordered mine - YAS.

20. I don't see any discount, what's the promo called?
    Or maybe you have a refund calculated?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.