Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jun 17, 2016.

1. New song! 'On + Off'. Less instant and more minimal than the first two tracks. Hoping it will grow!

2. Wow, On + Off is flooring me as much as the first two songs. I think this is going to be one of those albums, or EPs in this case, where I feel like it was written personally for me. Can't wait for it.

3. "On + Off" may be my favorite one yet?

4. On + Off now has a cute video!

And NPR state that EP Now That the Light is Fading is coming out 16th February.

5. I preferred the quirkiness of the previous two but On + Off is alright.

6. Love it.
    We really are in the chill out world...

7. I love her so much.

mcuk and Beginner like this.
  8. Dying to see her LA show but it's been sold out forever.

9. It's disgusting how much I love her. Her songwriting is so special. I can't wait for the EP Friday.

Also, she's doing Jimmy Fallon tomorrow!! I would love for Alaska to blow up.

mcuk and AmericanMoney like this.
  10. I listened to a podcast which talked about the EP out and played a fourth song which was, as you'd expect, lovely.

11. Island and mcuk like this.
  12. I love this girl! Her first TV performance was magical.

13. Loving the EP. It's familiar but a breath of fresh air at the same time, bridging the past and the future.

14. GRMusic likes this.
  15. I'm seeing her show in 2 hours. Love all of her songs, but I'm not quite sure how it translates to a live setting.

16. On + Off has revealed itself to be such a bop. Better is also gorgeous.

Pretty much love the whole EP. Could take or leave Color Song, but I guess it's less of a song and pretty much just 2 minutes of Bon Iver-isms anyway.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Beginner, HeartSwells and fancygreen like this.
  17. Alright so she was absolutely immense live. She played for about an hour, all her songs were glorious (except for one or two country songs she wrote during her teenage years). Quite capable live singer, great stage presence and interaction with the audience. I think she is gonna be huge.
    As an encore (and she said usually she doesn't give encores) she did Here's Where The Story Ends by The Sundays. I loved her even more for it.

mcuk likes this.
  18. Didn't know this song before but this is great:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.