Maggie Rogers - Notes from the Archive and Second Studio Album | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Notes from the Archive and Second Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Maggie is dropping a new single on Thursday, and since the Heard It In A Past Life Tour wrapped recently it feels like the appropriate time for a new thread.

She’s performed it live a few times already:

tea, Petty Mayonnaise, 2014 and 3 others like this.
  2. The girlies just don't stop. I love it.

3. Oh and according to the grammy leaks from earlier today, Maggie scored one nomination so I’m expecting to see her in Best New Artist. I doubt she’ll win against Billie/Lizzo but I’m glad she’s (presumably) getting some recognition.

4. Yes! Take the top off the charts, queen.

mcuk and Someboy like this.
  5. I had no idea about this! I'm ready for this to be a 10/10 song.

6. Loving the cover

mcuk, Island, D.Jay and 10 others like this.
  7. Hopefully the art direction consistency means they like good graphic design and not that they're repackaging the album.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. It's from the same photoshoot! They're definitely just tacking it onto the album, or re-releasing it.

Verandi likes this.
  9. This is absolutely brilliant.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  10. Pretty great single!

11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The Grammy nom is great for her, looking forward to see where she goes next (hopefully she can bag a performance at the ceremony too??)

12. I love this. The album remains one of my absolute favourites of the year, I’m excited for the second! And yas @ snatching a Grammy nom!

Trouble in Paradise and Babyface like this.
  13. Whew, I love her (grammy nominated) voice so much. This is great, it’s a bit brighter and more country influenced than anything on her debut while still staying true to the sound she’s carved out for herself.

14. A fairly cute, breezy, late 90s/early 00s, post-Lillith Fair but pre-Avril moment.

mcuk, Verandi, Babyface and 2 others like this.
  15. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

It's sweet. A nice ending-credits-to-New York gal-gets-the-job-and-man-romantic-comedy bop.

16. Living for these incredibly specific descriptions.

Anyway, I know that iTunes is dead but this is already top 30 and climbing in the US which is a great start for her so go throw the good sis $1.29 if you support talent.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is so country??? It's great, I adore her voice, definitely one of the best newer talents of the year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.