Maggie Rogers - Notes from the Archive and Second Studio Album | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Notes from the Archive and Second Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Nov 19, 2019.

1. I have played Notes from the Archive: Recordings 2011-2016 four times. It is a fascinating compilation album to listen to. My favourites are "Blood Ballet", "Resonant Body", "New Song", "Wolves" and "Satellite".

GRMusic likes this.
  2. Reset?

tea, 2014, aux and 1 other person like this.
  3. Has she left Capitol Records?

4. aux

aux

I finally got the chance to listen to Notes from The Archive and I'm obsessed. I wasn't expecting it to be so folk and dreamy, so I was really taken aback at first, but it's so brilliant. I actually revisited her debut EP and Heard It In A Past Life straight after because Notes From The Archive really reminded me how much I loved Maggie. I cannot wait for her next album.

5. Maggie has released a live version of "Love You for a Long Time"!

It's down tempo compared to the single release. She mentioned on her Instagram account that many had asked for a slower version of the song for weddings.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. Love You For A long Time really shines, so I'm glad it's been given the attention it deserves.

The more we see of her, the more I think this second release will really be something.

Trouble in Paradise and frkeske like this.
  7. Bridgit Mendler vibes.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. Trouble in Paradise and Beginner like this.
  9. Ok wait her being a student at Harvard is kind of iconic though.

10. I honestly think this might be a great move for her especially given the extended (endless?) pandemic and her clear love (and need) for touring. We’re about to be hit with a glut of quarantine records so I don’t mind avoiding one more if it means a deeper record when (if?) it arrives

nooniebao, frkeske and Espeon like this.
  11. I think this new record could be something really special.

frkeske and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

BRING IT ON! Heard It In A Past Life has had such strong staying power for me, Back In My Body in particular.

13. An anthem

frkeske, GRMusic, maikos87 and 2 others like this.
  14. One of my most favorite records to ever own! Overnight is an anthem as well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.