Maggie Rogers - Surrender | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Surrender

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Nov 19, 2019.

1. It seems like a good candidate for an Apple Music 1 premiere so maybe we’ll have to wait until this afternoon.

2. She’s testing my patience.

3. RJF

RJF

This has to be the most redundant, protracted pre-release in a while. Get ON with it.

4. It's giving Lorde and Troye Sivan with this waiting.

5. I'm confused. Why announce an album with pre-order links ready to go on every single music outlet, without a lead single release?

The trailer had me perched though, I must add.

Euphoria and slaybellz like this.
  6. Did we ever actually get confirmation it's coming today?

slaybellz likes this.
  7. Ok, so according to TikTok, the single is coming next week.

I thought it was coming today because someone commented on one of the teasers a few days ago saying "We've heard this part several times before why don't you post a little more" and she replied "ya fair i'll give u some more on friday"......but she really meant she was going to be posting a new clip on Friday dd. But she replied to someone today asking for the single saying "next wk!"

Here's the new clip, c'mon drums!
    https://www.tiktok.com/@maggierogers/video/7081380020832259370?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

D.Jay likes this.
  8. Yes, next week confirmed.
    What a stupid rollout,

9. Whew, this is annoying! You're not Rihanna, Mags. You're not even MUNA! All of this teasing (for what sounds like a very questionable lead) is really bizarre and draining momentum. The fact that it's not even out for a few more months...oof.

10. Yeah, I don't know if Maggie Rogers of all people warrants this kind of drip-fed rollout...

11. The longer clip is not exactly killing me either, but hope persists. Bring on next friday woop-woop-woo :trails off:

12. I am worried about the self-seriousness of this era already... and I can't with the Ingmar Bergman style album cover. There's a lot of trying hard going on... let's hope the music is good (though i'm dubious; the 'EPs' have been total skips for me). Sigh.

Euphoria likes this.
  13. We finally have a lead single announcement - "That's Where I Am" out this Friday.

14. YESSSSSSS

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That picture is giving STAR but also Miley n n

D.Jay and xOJakeXo like this.
  16. The chorus is giving me George Michaels’ Freedom before the melody swerves away ddd.

17. I'm getting The Cranberries vibes

I don't hate it

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  18. On first listen: it’s fine.

Sounds like it could well be a grower.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  19. She's insufferable on social media, her roll-outs take 83 years, and i'm getting sophomore art student self importance vibes from this era. I am... worried.

ItBeats, D.Jay and Tracy Jacks like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.