Maggie Rogers - Surrender | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Surrender

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Nov 19, 2019.

1. That’s Where I Am is apparently doing really well on US radio, which actually confused me a bit. When I first heard it, it sounded super clunky and overbearing, but I understand it’s appeal more now. It’s definitely grown on me.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  2. I am obsessed with That’s Where I Am. Along with Don’t Forget, Break My Soul, and No One Dies From Love, it’s my song of the summer.

Mikal and slaybellz like this.
  3. That's Where I Am triangulates lots of 90s/early 00s US indie rock in a really smart way that doesn't sound pastichey or cringe at all (unlike a lot of the other gals pulling from a similar time period) so I'm not really surprised it's getting legs. I like it a lot.

4. Yeah i'm not surprised either, there's something very nostalgic about it. Which I love.

5. She just posted that “Horses” is coming soon so it seems like that will be the last pre-release single before the album. From the clips it sounds a little more acoustic/ballady than the first two singles but still with big drums on the chorus, I’m here for it.

FridayNight, aux, Sail On and 2 others like this.
  6. Horses is the one on the album, it's a really gorgeous song.

7. The clip sounds fantastic (you can listen to a longer one if you click on the sound on her most recent TikTok) Definitely more ballad-y but very much in line with the sound of the last two songs. I'm absolutely loving the 90's/2000's Alt-Rock vibes.

8. Horses sounds like the type of song that will get me fully back on the bandwagon!

9. Wait at her actually releasing a song the same week she said it was “coming soon” for once. We won!

aux, FridayNight, slaybellz and 8 others like this.
  10. Need a Leona ft.

Verandi, DangerousHun and Ferk like this.
  11. I choked.

12. The way this is going to be my AOTY

Jwentz, aux, frkeske and 4 others like this.
  13. Horses is so good, her best one yet.

14. Oh this is great!

frkeske likes this.
  15. I love "Horses"!

IEngineered likes this.
  16. aux

aux

“Horses” is phenomenal. I adore the chorus, it’s beautiful.

IEngineered likes this.
  17. Horses is not hitting for me yet. She's done this song better before. It's weirdly muted / underproduced but she doesn't dial her vocal down to fit.

Euphoria and slaybellz like this.
  18. Horses is a stunner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.