Maggie Rogers - Surrender | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

Maggie Rogers - Surrender

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Maggie has postponed her concerts that were supposed to take place in November in Amsterdam, Zurich, Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm - they are now scheduled in June 2023. The UK and Ireland dates will happen in November this year as planned. See https://www.maggierogers.com/#tour for the full list of dates.

D.Jay likes this.
  2. A second Amsterdam date! I'm there.

3. I was so waiting to see her and Tove Lo almost back to back. Too bad this will need to wait till June.

4. I knew I shouldn't have surrendered and brought Oslo tickets (and flights) on a whim.

Any recommendations on what is fun to do in Oslo instead would be welcomed!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  5. If you are into art exhibitions there is an art exhibition at the Astrup Fearnley Museum showcasing works by Rachel Harrison. You need to buy a ticket to enter, though. Here is a link: https://www.afmuseet.no/utstillinger/rachel-harrison-sitting-in-a-room/

There is also the Oslo Public Library’s main library by the pier at Bjørvika. This is free to enter and open every day (closes at 6PM on Saturdays and Sundays).

Trouble in Paradise and D.Jay like this.
  6. Thank you, legend!

Trouble in Paradise and frkeske like this.
  7. Dddd at her admitting she had to fight hard to keep I’ve Got A Friend on the album. I believe her. Sometimes the label is right…

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I don't think I've listened to I've Got a Friend (and Different Kind of World for that matter) since the release week nn, the album is so much tighter without them. The label made some points!

aux and Euphoria like this.
  9. Different Kind of World is gorgeous, particularly the instrumental break. It's such a moment of bliss to wind things down.

xOJakeXo likes this.

10. No Seattle date even though when I saw her in September 2019 she said it was the biggest show she had ever played as a headliner….

11. not the god damn Aragon

Myths likes this.
  12. the orcs in Lord of the rings:

13. It's like walking into the actual pits of hell. Possibly my least favorite venue.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  14. My stan card is signed, sealed and delivered after tonight’s show. Want Want was already my song of the year but every single song on the setlist went off, she had the Glasgow crowd in the palm of her hand and her stage presence and vocals were incredible. Genuinely one of my favourite recent shows I’ve seen.

heavymetalGAGA, mcuk, Sail On and 6 others like this.
  15. Finally listening to this and the vibes are immaculate.

16. Want Want ended up as my most played song of the year. When it’s right, it’s right.

18. Listen it has been a STACKED year

And truthfully I was not super sold on Maggie from the debut. But this album is a huge step up in my opinion!

soratami, xOJakeXo, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  19. As expected, Surrender made my top two albums and top two songs (with That's Where I Am), bested only by Beyoncé, naturally.

Andrew and frkeske like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.