Majid Jordan - “Waves of Blue” + General Discussion | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Majid Jordan - “Waves of Blue” + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 3, 2015.

1. I used to be full team Majid but Jordan this era, woof.

TRAVVV, berserkboi, elektroxx and 5 others like this.
  2. This sounds so 80’s but so current! Come to think of it, this wouldn’t feel totally out of place being sung by The Weeknd.

They’ve always been consistent but this year’s singles are some of their best ever, especially Waves of Blue and Summer Rain.

elektroxx, godspeed, stoicist and 2 others like this.
  3. Have they said anything about an album? I can't at this taking 4 years to come out.

stoicist, nooniebao and lushLuck like this.

4. They said they were "working on finishing" it back in April, but we're three singles deep for this era so you'd think we'd hear something soon.

elektroxx and lushLuck like this.

5. Album announcement Friday?

godspeed, lushLuck, stoicist and 2 others like this.
  6. Highly obsessed with Summer Rain right now. Easily one of their best.

This album (if it exists?!) will be bomb.

godspeed, lushLuck and nooniebao like this.
  7. They've (once again) teased some kind of announcement and nothing happened but it seems like the album is on its way...

8. Can Majid finalize me already pls.

Stopremix, TRAVVV and lushLuck like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Summer Rain is another 11/10 bop! Whew.

TRAVVV, elektroxx, lushLuck and 2 others like this.

10. I'm very confused about this artwork but happy we have an album birthing.

11. FINALLY, THANK GOD! And soon enough as well! I really like the album cover, the lightning gives me a Fleetwood Mac's Mirage vibe. And a close-up of two hot people always works.

nooniebao, PopCrushed and lushLuck like this.
  12. 'Summer Rain' is giving me Maroon 5's 'It Was Always You' meets The Weeknd, for sure.

Edit: Whoa, just noticed Jason Evigan co-wrote 'Summer Rain'. This makes so much sense.

TRAVVV and nooniebao like this.
  13. Been Through That and Summer Rain are nice 6 and 7 out of 10's for me. Waves of Blue is the one to beat, I really hope Koz produced some other tracks on the album.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. They were in the studio with him a lot in the early days of quarantine last year so here’s hoping!

Mikal likes this.
  15. Been Through That is super underrated to me. It keeps growing and growing. Such a groove.

godspeed, lushLuck and elektroxx like this.
  16. Four days! Can't believe we're getting new albums from Majid Jordan and Agnes and a new ABBA banger in one day.

lushLuck, nooniebao and godspeed like this.
  17. Is there no pre-order for this? This low-key release is giving last album on the contract.

stoicist and Stopremix like this.
  18. That's a change of pace. Doesn't really go anywhere but I like it!

Koz, Dua's main producer, co-produced most of these tracks so far. This one is serving IDGAF (but less of a snooze).

PopCrushed, godspeed and nooniebao like this.
  19. https://music.apple.com/us/album/1590623411

Album preorder's finally up, 11 tracks. They're really just going to pretend like the 2018/2019 singles never happened, crazy when Superstar still slaps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.