Mandy Moore Discography Rate - Complete! (Stream 'Silver Landings' on March 6th!) | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Mandy Moore Discography Rate - Complete! (Stream 'Silver Landings' on March 6th!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by pop3blow2, Mar 18, 2019.

?

What's your favorite Mandy Moore album

1. So Real

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I Wanne Be With You

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Mandy Moore

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. Coverage

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Wild Hope

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  6. Amanda Leigh

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. Other (soundtrack, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Can't You Just Adore Her? having such a gap with the rest of the album is a bit odd. Then again I do not want any cuts from Wild Slayage anytime soon now.

pop3blow2 and vague like this.

2. [​IMG]

"One Way Or Another" | 7.217

Rated 54th out of 84 total songs

Rated 9th out of 12 from Coverage

Chart info or stats:

The 16th most scrobbled Mandy song on Last.fm
    The 2nd most scrobbled song from
    Coverage.

Liner Notes

Written by: Debbie Harry & Nigel Harrison
    Produced by: John Fields

Track 13 on the album Mandy Moore released June 19, 2001

"My own parade…"
    "This is new wave."
    With 'When I Talk To You’, I touched upon how Mandy did something interesting with that song. In its creation she tapped into that very singer/songwriter/ time honored rock & roll thing, of writing song on the road about how this very life she’s chosen has affected her.

The next thing she would give us musically after song, would be Coverage.

I’m getting into pop philosopher mode here, as I overthought Coverage on a daily basis for a period in the 00s. That said, I was literally obsessed with trying to figure out how her brain had picked this collection of songs. I was beyond fascinated... and still am these 15 years later.

Some songs she went with were simply because she heard her parents playing them growing up. Relatable. Others were by artists she was getting into in her teens & exploring older music. Relatable again. And yet, theres one angle I landed upon that actually adds whole other level brilliance to why she chose songs or artists. The choices were auto-biographical... or least symbolically semi-autiobiograpical. Not just in the sense that Mandy was using other’s people’s words to paint a picture of how she wanted her world to be, but in some instances the record has some little autobiographical/self-referntial career moments, too... in how she’s literally connected to the artists she covered.

• Mandy was chosen by Elton John to be in his video for Original Sin > They are now oddly connected > Covers him on the album.
    • The Cat Stevens song 'Wild World' was the main credits song in How To Deal & used all over the movie promos > They are now oddly connected > Covers him on the album

And then there’s possibly the most interesting in this regard: Debbie Harry (lead singer of the late 70’s new wave group Blondie)

Mandy worked with Debbie Harry on the film Try Seventeen. Well, technically they were in the same movie together, but didn’t have any scenes. Still, working in realm of such an icon made an impression on her. In fact, when Mandy launched her fashion t-shirt line Mblem in 2004, some of the shirts features lyrics from her favorite artists & Blondie was at the top of the list.

It’s easy to see why Mandy so drawn to Debbie. Much like Mandy, Debbie started in music & quickly gravitated towards acting, as well. This included both television & film. One of her famous roles came in the 1988 cult classic, Hairspray. She is on record as basically saying she likes to constantly be trying new things in her art & she's ok with tearing things downs & starting over. Sounds like our girl.

Then, there’s the topic of.... h a i r.

I know this is an odd thing to fixate on, but I couldn’t help but be obsessed with Mandy Moore’s hair around this era. Hair color was obviously a huge thing in the world of Blondie, too. I mean, the group was named after catcalls Debbie faces in relation to her iconic hair color. In fact, her hair color was such a part of how people thought of her, she had come out publicly in the day 80’s & clear the rumors that her last name was in fact ‘Harry’ & not ‘Blondie’.

While maybe the reality is that the hair probably had little to do with Mandy picking a Blondie song on her album, I don’t think that it’s impossible to suggest that there was some subversive symbolism going on with Mandy’s choice. Since Mandy had just shifted from platinum blonde to brunette and caused quite a stir, maybe thetas something there.

As far as the actual song, well, it was originally my least favorite song in the album... and it still it is. I wasn’t necessarily opposed to Mandy doing a Blondie song, but my brain thought the song both out of place on the album (sonically & tone wise) & tad too safe in choice at the same time. I was actually somewhat wrong in this last point. While Blondie’s version of the song seemed ubiquitous to me, it really wasn’t as big of hit as I always thought it was, peaking at #24 in the US & #98 in the UK. So, it actually was a pretty brave song choice in that regard. It has been covered too death, though, & I sort of wished Mandy has done a different song.

So, why does it not completely work for me. I really don’t know. Maybe it’s one of the few songs where I think Mandy tries a bit too hard. The tone of Blondie’s version is bit edgier & slightly ominous. While Coverage succeeds at polishing many songs that were maybe diamonds in the rough (from a production standpoint) with 'One Way Or Another', the polish goes too far & completely changes the tone of the song…. slightly for the worse. Not that there isn’t quite a bit I like about the song. I do like Mandy’s absurdly coy: ’This is new wave’. I also really like the the: ‘Yeah, Yeah, yeah,’ breakdown in the middle of the song. Over the years, I have come to like it more, but still find it about of place on the album. Maybe if it was even sequenced a bit differently it would be better.

All of this being said, here comes a plot twist in this write-up.

At the time I was watching Coverage struggle on the charts & definitely now 15 years later, I had this thought. A thought, that has now has been quantified & even verified with data over the years. While it is my least favorite song of the album, if it was gonna be there, it should’ve been a single. It was maybe the only song on the record that was kind of marketable to pop radio at the time & could've saved the album from the certain commercial doom it spiraled into. I would've rather this have been a hit, than nothing at all.

Look, there was no real surefire hit single on Coverage in the pop climate of 2003. A couple of songs were potential outliers or had mild AC potential ('Have A Little Faith In Me' was a great choice in this regard), but as far as getting played on pop radio, 'One Way Or Another' would’ve been their only choice. It would’ve likely failed (I mean, even Britney was flaming out with revisionist 80’s rock/pop covers as singles with ‘I Love Rock & Roll’), but I think Epic made a bad choice by not understanding the potential the song had. Need proof it's pretty beloved? Look at the Last.fm stats for the song. Again, it doesn't mean the song is good, but it does mean people liked it... and for album that had a pretty esoteric marketing angle, I think it was the one.

Further proving this theory, eventually, 'One Way Or Another' got recycled to the Aquamarine soundtrack, which quite honestly is maybe a better use of it. Regardless, a whole other group of people from that era have nostalgia for the movie & its soundtrack, so a piece of Coverage lives on in an even weirder way.

My Score: 8.4

"Kicking up confetti leaves…"

Sparkle In The Sky
    @Florencia. (10)

@Music Is Life (10)
    Even if this was a horrible cover, it'd still get a 10 cause duh. But it's actually a fucking great cover. I love the intro, I love the production – which isn't too different from the original, just enough to keep it interesting. Love her vocals. Love this. (Haha.. you're enthusiasm for this is an infectious as Mandy's. It's not a fave here for me, but I'm not raining on this parade.)

@Sprockrooster: (9)
    This cover is basically overdone, but Mandy makes it something special once again. ( She certainly made it the most talked about song in the rate so far! Y'all had some commentary for this one.)

@chris4862 (8.5)
    Possibly the definitive version of this song for me. I adore Blondie, and I grew up with the Melissa Joan Hart version from the Sabrina soundtrack, but this cover captures the sentiment perfectly for me. (Some high praise! Some of the other songs on here ate the definitive versions for me now, so I can relate.)

@VivaForever : (8)
    Very decent cover of a classic. ‘This is New Wave’ is adorable, and I automatically mutter it even when listening to the Blondie version. (Haha. I mutter that too! It's tattooed in my brain.)

@unnameable (8) :
    not my favourite Blondie song, this is still pretty good. (Yeah, I really can't decide which song I'd rather she have done.)

@Robert: (8)

Corner of your eye
    @LKane (7):
    Remember when Sabrina, the teenage witch did a cover of this song? lol. (Oh, I remember... and celebrated the iconic soundtrack on cd!)

@vague (7):
    okay, i know this one, too. maybe it's 'cause i've actually listened to the original so many times, but i'm not totally sold on this cover, unfortunately. it's solid, but not a fave. (Yeah, I still remember it being the one song I was underwhelmed with on my first pass through of the album in 2003. I was like, 'nooooo... so close to perfection!'.)

@RUNAWAY (7.5):
    okay so I love Blondie, but for some reason, this cover just doesn’t click with me. (Seems to be a small army of us!)

@Zar-Unity (7):
    Now a somewhat cringy Blondie cover, but it's still a good bit of quirky pop fun. I'm not really sure if this cover fits Mandy's voice that well. This song needs someone with a more gritty and harder rock oriented type of voice. Mandy's sweet and soulful voice just doesn't really suit a song like this. But I still welcome some more quirky Mandy. Probably the most out of place sounding track on Coverage. (We are really both on the same page here! I was always scared I was too hard on Mandy's version, but the crew here is making me think my gut reaction was pretty on track. Her voice really wasn't the best fir this song or production.)

@tylerc904 (7.5), @Robsolete (7.5), @Remorque (6.5)

Still Undiscovered

@ladylloyd (3):
    although One Way is a favourite song of mine but here the production is so weak its almost criminal.(Yeah, not John Field's finest moment on an album where he shines most of the time.)

@ohnostalgia (2)
    This is a bit of a disaster, no? Then again almost every cover of One Way Or Another I’ve ever heard is a bit of a disaster. (You actually may be right here. I've never heard a version approach Blondie's. Most just get the tone all wrong.)

@CasuallyCrazed (5)

For Your Viewing & Listening Pleasure

Original Blondie Version

Sabrina The Teenage Witch (Melissa Joan Hart).... I think I still have this cd.

Another lady I like who attempted to tackle the song (also with mixed results. Sorry Sophie)

Fellow pop princess also tapping into early 80's rock/pop... around the same time. (also with mixed results. Sorry Britney.)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Robert, chris4862, Zar-Unity and 9 others like this.
  3. Never heard of Sophie's version. Where is it from?

4. vague likes this.
  5. pop3blow2 likes this.
  6. I've just caught up with all the eliminations and reading your "essays" for each song has been such a pleasure @pop3blow2 .
    I've always been more of a casual fan of Mandy and I am learning so much in this rate! It certainly makes me appreciate the songs in a different way.

Sorry I've missed so many eliminations, but I needed a time off regarding the forum; but I hope to be here for the rest!

When I saw you had @me I thought my 11 had already been eliminated and was scared. I am so happy that was not the case!

Robert, Music Is Death and pop3blow2 like this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Thank god. I don’t know what to say to the high scorers except - no.

Music Is Death and pop3blow2 like this.
  8. Haha, I knew you’d be elated.

No worries! I understand needing forum breaks or internet breaks in general... so welcome back. I had some technology misfortunes that put me behind schedule the last couple weeks, anyways.

On that note, though, the #53 post is about wrapped up. Should have it posted tomorrow.

9. [​IMG]

"Feel Me" | 7.258

Rated 53rd out of 84 total songs

Rated 10th out of 21 from Soundtracks & Extras

Chart info or stats:

The 148th most scrobbled Mandy song on Last.fm

Liner Notes

Written by: Derek Bramble, Dion Ramble, Jaques Richmond, &/or Lisa LaShawn or LaShawn Daniels
    Produced by: Derek Bramble

Track 9 on the compilation 'Mandy Moore: Super Hits' released 2007
    Previously only available on some Asian pressing of Mandy Moore released in 2001

"My own parade…"
    "The best that's in me, I wanna give it to you
    And I wanna let it show"

I always wonder what goes on because closed doors when a trackllist is being finalized for an album, especially by a big artist. I mean, I guess it doesn’t matter quite as much as it used to, as stuff like streaming services, YouTube, pre-album ‘buzz singles’, & even more between-album-random one-offs have become the norm in the industry. This kind of approach certainly helps feel out how the public is feeling about artist to song before ‘the real campaign’ starts.

In the case of 'Feel Me', from what I understand it was dangerously close to making the cut for Mandy Moore proper. In fact, it was so close, it was even included on some international versions. Had it made the album, where would’ve gone? Well, always like to think it would’ve taken 'From Loving You’s spot.... thus really rounding out the album better to me. Oh, what could’ve been.

'Feel Me' is fascinating. It’s a decidedly soulful r&b jam. For some reason it always gave me En Vouge vibes, which is the last thing I would expect a Mandy Moore song to give me. She really digs in on this one & taps into some soul. There’s even a tad of gospel twinges in places and some possibly vague spiritual lyrics (in keeping with Mandy's 'A Walk To Remember' zeitgeist) . This could also make sense considering one of the possible writers of the song (Lisa LaShawn) was pretty established in that genre. (I say 'possible' because some the writing credits on the song are a mystery.)

In fact, speaking of writers & producers on this song... the random group of people assembled is low-key iconic.

• Derek Bramble: Who has written & produced songs for major artists such as Whitney Houston, David Bowie, Vanessa Williams & so many more going back to early 80’s.
    • Dion Rambo & Jaque Richmond: Who separately have long diverse careers, but to many PJ-ers will be best known & beloved for writing many songs on Billie Pipers’s debut album in 1998. This included her UK #1 hit: ‘Girlfriend.’
    • And of course as mentioned above, the fourth possible writer was either Lisa LaShawn, who I know the least about, but who appears to have strong gospel bent to her music. Again, I say fourth possible writer, because I discovered different information between discogs.com & Wikipedia I’m regards to writers of this song. Discogs references Lisa LeShawn & Wikpedia has LeShawn Daniel listed as the 4th winter. If it’s him, that dude has a crazy song track record in pop/r&b… so that would add up & actually probably makes morse sense.

The point is, that there’s a lot disparate ingredients here, but they all lead to a lot of great stuff going on in this song. Little pre- choruses, key changes, & instrumental flourishes like we never really had on a Mandy song before or since. It really is an oddly unique and singular song on her discography... and would’ve so perfectly fit in the fairly adventurous sonic landscape of self-titled. It actually wouldn’t have been a crazy choice for a single, had it made the album.

At some point someone at Sony had that same last thought as me (or most likely just needed filler for another Mandy ‘best of’ cash-in) as the the song was randomly included on her 2007 compilation Super Hits. (Some of the titles for greatest hits albums, of artists that only had one or two hits, has always killed me.)

I love these kind of of odd one-offs by major artists. Songs that were pressed on international albums & seldom heard in other markets… then sometimes becoming so lost to the annals of history it’s not entirely sure who even worked on them. But they exist & then randomly appear on other compilations or soundtracks out of nowhere. While Mandy has a ton od random soundtrack extras in her discog, she has very few album extras or b-sides. 'Feel Me', in all of it’s forgotten odd glory, is among the best of these. It truly is a lost gem of a pop song.

My Score: 9

Sparkle In The Sky

@Music Is Life (10):
    I love this, it's great. Sounds like it could've been on Mandy Moore and it should've been, cause it would have helped balance the lesser songs on there. “I gotta let you know!” at the end of the second verse is a moment, and the chorus is great. (This commentary makes me so proud...
    [​IMG])

@unnameable (9):
    a strangely familiar sounding song for something that was only a bonus track. Were the songwriters on many other hits of the era? (I had forgotten you cometary question until I copied & pasted it just now... so my diversion into the songwriting history here hopefully proves somewhat interesting!)

@RUNAWAY (8.25):
    god this song is great. Would be nice to have an actual copy of it, since the Philippines version is just…..not even available to buy even on discogs. (Yeah, I really want to track it down now for research into songwriting credits. I had a copy of this in my eBay watch list for along time, but never snagged it the couple of times it came available. It was pretty pricey then...)

@Robert (9)

@vague (8.25)

Corner of your eye
    @LKane (6.4):
    I guess this is an ok song. Sound it could be part of a soundtrack (Some slightly different production could've sent this to the A Walk To Remember soundtrack, but likely would've sucked the soul out of it.)

@VivaForever (7), @Sprockrooster (6), @Robsolete (7), @ladylloyd (7), @chris4862 (7), @Florencia. (6), @Remorque (6.5)

@tylerc904 (7.5):
    I am pissed I can’t track this down physically, what a hidden gem. (I feel your pain. Are you so pissed that you rated this gem lower than you should have? Haha!)

@Zar-Unity (7.5):
    I'm not sure what this is from but it sounds more like early Mandy and that can never be a bad thing. Not really one of her best songs but it is a pleasant surprise to hear this song for the first time. I wish the audio quality was better. Oh so apparently this was a secret bonus track from Mandy's self-titled album released in another country, very interesting! (Yeah, I guess I's so used to crappy audio on this track, I dint even hear it any more! I've always had low-bit rate versions of it. )

@ohnostalgia (6):
    A little less Avril, a little more Kelly Clarkson. (My brain has been running a background process on this comment since I first read it. You certainly give me things to think about!)

Still Undiscovered
    @CasuallyCrazed (3)

Billie: Girlfriend (written by: Dion Ramble & Jaques Richmond)

Anastacia: I Dreamed You (co-wrtten by Derek Bramble)

Great Interview about music production with the song's producer & main writer Derek Bramble (I'm a compute/ software geek, music production geek, etc... so I was super fascinated even while this is a bit inside baseball!)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I try.

vague likes this.
  11. Okay so this is great. Add Billie to the list of artists I need to check out.

Zar-Unity and vague like this.
  12. @Music Is Life how have you not already checked Billie's music out
    and become a big fan? She is fantastic! Also check this mega dance bop..

Loved your write up for "When I talk to you" @pop3blow2 ! I had no
    idea that Mandy co-wrote the song. That makes it even more special
    to me. We are also on the same page with "one way or another" but
    not with "not too young", which is outstanding imo. The live performance
    of when I talk to you with the solo violin is great! For the "one way or another"
    covers, the one done by Melissa Joan hart is my favorite. That one is
    actually pretty good! She has a great pop voice too! Does she have any
    of her own albums? Derek Bramble seems like a really cool music writer
    and I really liked his unfinished track.

I feel like "feel me" has grown on me more now than when I first heard it.
    It's actually a really beautiful vocal performance by Mandy.

13. Okay so this is great too.

Zar-Unity and vague like this.
  14. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Don’t get too attached to her. She hasn’t released new music in 20 years.......

15. Yeah, I looked her up and noticed that and am extremely annoyed about it.

16. The write up for #52 is in the works. Some of these eliminations get more synapses firing in my brain than I know what to do with. This was one, so I got a bit overwhelmed. You'll soon see why.

Also, as the rate thread has been promoting... how about our girl getting her first solo Emmy nod! As someone who watches This Is Us let me say.... it's about damn time.

I'm so happy for her. You have no idea.

17. Thank god for this thread pointing out that Feel Me is available on that random compilation. Bought it on eBay!

Nephilim, vague and pop3blow2 like this.
  18. [​IMG]

"I See the Light" | 7.269

Rated 52nd out of 84 total songs

Rated 9th out of 21 from Soundtracks & extras

Chart info or stats:

The 12th most scrobbled Mandy song on Last.fm (as high as 6th if you add all the individual instances of meta-data. The meta-data for soundtracks are a mess on Last.fm)

Mandy's most streamed song on Spotify.

Liner Notes

Written by: Alan Meneken & Glenn Slater

Track 7 on Tangled original soundtrack released November 16, 2010

"My own parade…"
    "Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
    Now I'm here suddenly I see
    Standing here it's all so clear
    I'm where I'm meant to be"

The other day I was writing some commentary for @vague 's upcoming Mariah Carey rate & got to 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'. Here’s a spoiler of my commentary, but basically I stated that a hundred+ years from now that could very well be one of the only Mariah songs that survives. That's literally insane to think, but that's just how culture works. The fact that one the highest selling artists of this century will be lucky to have one song really survive far into the future shows just how hard it is to do. It's takes a perfect storm of special things for such a thing to happen. This a concept I'm fairly interested in & think about often: 'What 1 or 2% of of any given decade's output will really be remembered 100 or more years from now?'

It’s hard to realize when you’re living in it, just how ephemeral so much of culture is… pop, or otherwise. It means so much to us in the moment, but we are constantly being pummeled with new moments. There were mountains of books or music made in say, the 1800’s, but only a relative few stood the test of time, survived, & became works that people really know know today. With the amount of culture produced now, is it going to harder or easier to carve out a space in history? I think its fun to think a hundred years from now & try to predict what of this moment in pop culture will be ‘public domain level’ remembered. An artist, or author even putting one thing into world that lasts hundreds of years in amazing, much less artists, authors, etc that put multiple timeless words into the world.

I adore dozens of Mandy Moore songs in this rate. A few are among my favorite songs of all-time. I feel lucky to have lived in the time period she is an artist & watch her develop. Her music means a lot to me & has been a beacon of light in some dark times. In the context of her career, thus far, we could make the case for no fewer than 5 songs possibly being her 'signature song'. But even among those signature songs... are any of them worthy of living on into annals of pop history? Among such list of signature songs, I'm not sure I'd mention 'I See the Light', but its her most played song on Spotify. For many people one of the few the songs they really know by her. I also daresay, it will be the only Mandy Moore songs that likely survives in some way into the next 100 years.

By this point in the rate you all know how I feel about Tangled & Mandy's take on Rapunzel. If you don’t, the short version is I adore it. While, "I See the Light" is not my favorite song in the film, I still think it’s really pretty. The reality though, is that the role of Rapunzel likely made Mandy Moore eternal & this being the most popular song on the soundtrack likely made it something that will be the ultimate breadcrumb to future generations to discover who this lovely lady was. So as such huge fan of her, for that alone I am thankful it exists. Let’s be honest, as much as we love Mandy, not much from for her music career was likely going to make it to level of immortal. Her involvement with Tangled gave her a chance.

Oh, the irony.

Oh, the Meta-Mandy-ness.

Rapnuzel gets written 200 years ago by the Brothers Grimm > becomes one of the rare stories from an era that becomes a classic > Two centuries later gets turned into a movie by company that thrives on reimagining public domain for the present > in doing so creates a soundtrack that itself will likely produce the one song for Mandy that will be around forever…

Take into account that movie features a girl with magic hair that can heal people & is commoditized, taken advantage of, & used by some for illusion of eternal life… and its easy for someone with my over-symbolic tendencies to get derailed! (Which I very well might still do with a special edition Mandy+Tangled essay at some point.)

Also, Mandy is a self-professed musical theater geek. It's so fitting she wound up working Alan Menken. Disney's power in pop culture has its foibles (and I say that as a die-hard), but it really does carry the torch of musical theater quite well & has kept the flame alive with the general public at times when such style has been out of fashion. Disney soundtracks really are a gateway drug for people & especially kids to get into musicals. I think Mandy really relishes that idea which is another reason she is so attached to her character.

The song itself is Mandy’s most streamed song on Spotify. While I spend so much time talking about Mandy, It's fair to note, that it's a duet. Zachary Levi’s vocal adds an earnest counterpoint to Mandy's sweetness. (Zachary Levi getting immortalized, too.. and proves to be no slouch as a vocalist. ) The two really pull off an interesting chemistry despite the fragmented way their roles & voices were recorded.

From Movie Clubhouse:

While filming Tangled, Moore and Levi physically encountered and worked with each other only twice, once on two separate occasions, the purpose of one of which was to record the vocals for "I See the Light". According to Levi, he and Moore first rehearsed the song live accompanied by the film's 80-piece orchestra before eventually being divided into separate isolation booths to record their respective lyrics, verses and harmonies individually.

The song has a simple purity to it. Its not as in your face as some other big Disney ballads. Written by Alan Menken & Glenn Slater, they intentionally dialed back what was originally going to the 'big standard Disney ballad.' I love all the iconoclastic musical experimentation in the film, there are many songs & musical styles that deconstruct the normal Disney fare in the movie & it just adds the narrative my head has created about Mandy's artistic arc. Of course she would part of such movie. Of course.

There’s just such a low-key vibe to 'I Can See the Light', that almost defies what an iconic moment it is in the movie. Mandy, forever at odds.

In fact, this song is the first & only tie of the rate. And the song it tied with…. well, I can’t make this stuff up. You’ll just have to wait for that, though.

My Score: 9.5

Sparkle In The Sky

[​IMG]

@Music Is Life (10):
    A gorgeous ballad, and duet between these two. It's such a moment in the movie with those lanterns, and the way they look at each other, and it legit made me tear up a while ago.

@Sprockrooster (9), @Robsolete (9), @ladylloyd (9), @vague (8), @Florencia. (9), @RUNAWAY (8)

@Zar-Unity (8.3):
    A beautiful song sung by Mandy with some nice acoustic instrumentation. I like songs like this that tell stories but I'm not a big fan of this type of musical movie score music. This is making me feel kind of uncomfortable despite Mandy sounding so pretty singing on this. This is certainly well done and I'm sure a lot of people really love this side of Mandy in her music but I think I rather hear songs like this in a album type of style rather than a movie score style. Now it might make some better since why I haven't been that invested in Mandy's songs from movies she's been in. Okay the melody is growing on me a bit more.

Corner of your eye

[​IMG]

@LKane (7.8) :
    Ok, this is not a whole new world.. but is a nice song for her voice.

@ohnostalgia (7.5):
    Great lanterns, beautiful lanterns.

@unnameable (7):
    this duet serves the soundtrack well, but isn’t a classic for repeat listening.

@chris4862 (7), @Remorque (7)

Still Undiscovered

[​IMG]

@VivaForever (4):
    This is always kind of good for a laugh based on how obvious it is that they were literally just trying to remake A Whole New World. And how epically they failed. Good idea, terrible execution. The scene from the movie is gorgeous, but the song has never not been an absolute mess.

@tylerc904 (4):
    I’m sure this is really cute if you’ve seen the movie but this is really not my kind of thing.

@Robert (5), @CasuallyCrazed (2.75)

(I'm not crying, it's the humidity.)

(Making of Tangled Recording sessions. Whew.)

(Mandy Moore is a goddamn goddess. Unfortunately this is the only version online I can find this amazing moment & it's introduced by Kevin Spacey.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  19. The reason the scene made me tear up is cause that was the night me and my ex admitted we love each other. So yeah. It was kind of a moment.

unnameable and vague like this.
  20. I got to thinking about this, because I only knew her cover from the Sabrina soundtrack... and sure enough, I think that's the only official song she ever released. Kinda random!

I did remember this random episode of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch that broke out into a musical. Haha! I loved that show for a minute back in the day.

And of course, Melissa showed up for cameo in this Britney video:

I think that's about it for Melissa Joan Hart, in the world of Popjustice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.