Mandy Moore Discography Rate - Complete! (Stream 'Silver Landings' on March 6th!) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Mandy Moore Discography Rate - Complete! (Stream 'Silver Landings' on March 6th!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by pop3blow2, Mar 18, 2019.

?

What's your favorite Mandy Moore album

1. So Real

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I Wanne Be With You

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Mandy Moore

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. Coverage

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Wild Hope

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  6. Amanda Leigh

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. Other (soundtrack, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I am shook. Underwhelming is not a word for it. Please let it grow on you!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Zar-Unity, Robsolete, vague and 2 others like this.
  2. I mean, I love Wild Hope... like a lot. So I agree with @Sprockrooster in giving it a couple of listens to see if it grows on you.

I do know some others who've described Amanda Leigh as beige, but I don't really agree with that assessment either. I would say that album did take a few listens to completely connect with me when it was released though... whereas I was instantly smitten with Wild Hope.

3. I just finished Coverage. That's one of my fave albums of Mandy. So I'm getting into Wild Hope which is the album that I have listened the less. Though my fave is Amanda Leigh <3 I hope you guys will show some love to that master piece

Zar-Unity and Sprockrooster like this.
  4. I do hope that with all these different albums and stanning for different sounds our voters take into consideration very well it might affect a lot of voters if they score it extremely low. Let us make it into a celebration of the artistry like our host is doing with the annuals instead of pitting albums against each other. I will definitely follow my own advice.

There is plenty to love on every album but truth be told also a bit filler.

5. Wild Hope is fine. It's not my bag, genre-wise, so I'm not an active fan aside from Extraordinary and Slummin' in Paradise. But I'd still rank it above Amanda Leigh and probably So Real. It's no self-titled or Coverage, for sure.

tylerc and Sprockrooster like this.
  6. What is this 'filler' you speak of?! Ha! It's scientifically proven she has no filler post I Wanna Be With You!! (I'm probably gonna die reading people's commentary, aren't I?) #NoFiller

Also, a fun FYI to all interested: Here's what is in my DVD player today... (as I 'work', but also jot down some notes for the 2001 Mandy Annual.)

[​IMG]

7. Honestly I feel like different people's tastes will probably end up canceling each other out. I don't think we're going to see a cull of any one album.

Also, predicting a top two of Candy vs. Extraordinary.
    This looks amazing!!

8. That would be something.... and iconically on brand in a way.

Coverage has some darkhorses, too. Maybe even a Soundtrack song could sneak up high. So excited!

Robert, Zar-Unity and vague like this.
  9. Oh there is certainly filler during the early material, sorry!

I've begun working on this by the way.

LKane and pop3blow2 like this.
  10. Yeeeaaahhh, I know. It'll be interesting to see what some people deem filler & what others classify as bops or bangers... especially on her first three or four albums.

I'll probably need Oprah to help me get to the bottom of all that.

[​IMG]

Music Is Death and vague like this.
  11. Ooooh yeah, I saw something about that the other day when doing some write-up research. There was a sweet story about how she asked Shane West to come speak & he was nervous. I'm so happy for her, she seems to be at a good place in her career & life.. after being in some not so good places.

Without being too dramatic or putting too much into serendipity, I'm sooo excited the stars aligned for this to be the year I got to host my first rate here... and it's for her. Mandy been such a huge part of my pop culture fandom (maybe the most important part), that it means a lot to me to be able to celebrate her & my fandom with everyone here. I mean, I love a lot of pop music & adore a lot of artists, but there's not many I could put this much passion into.

The fact that its her 20th year in our collective pop lives, she was recently in the news (basically sadly explaining why she stopped making music for the last 10 years), & now that she might finally be releasing new music soonish... it's such a perfect time to celebrate her career up to this point with a rate & retrospective.

12. Mandy is extremely special to me as well, as she was the first pop act that I seriously got into, alongside Vitamin C. I used to play her So real album on my CD player on the way to school, memories!
    I played it at home too, all the time on my boombox. My younger brothers used to make fun of me
    for playing her music a lot, as they didn't like any pop music. But I didn't stop the Mandy beats
    on their account.

I'm excited to start diving into this special rate soon, starting with So real of course.

Robert, vague, pop3blow2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Coverage is her best album and that's that.

14. My avatar wouldn’t know anything about that kinda proclamation.

15. Cute prediction but there is no way in hell Extraordinary is going to outlast In My Pocket or even I Wanna Be With You!

vague likes this.
  16. Well, it shouldn't outlast I Wanna Be with You, but I feel like it will, and I'll only be minimally upset.

Unless I Wanna Be with You crashes out at like #15, then I'll be livid.

17. I feel like the single effect paired with "her only two hits" effect will greatly help I Wanna Be With You and Candy simply for the nostalgia. In My Pocket has that same iconic status for me because of Now 7, but I realize it was a bubbling under smash.

vague and berserkboi like this.
  18. Hope to have up the new Mandy Annual tomorrow.

In the meantime, Let's turn the clock around with a Mandy Millennium Moment™

[​IMG]
    Oh, HitClips!

Who here had some?

I randomly posted this video as a teaser for my Mandy rate in a thread last month. Yes, that's my actual Mandy Moore : 'I Wanna Be With You' HitClip. I purchased it in early 2002 & it still works!

After being on my keyring for about 4 years, it was retired to my desk... where it was has set since about 2007. The things we hold onto, my goodness.

For those who don't know, HitClips was a line a of little pop music cartridges, that could be inserted to a variety of little boombox keychains & other weird proprietary players. They were made from 1991-2004 by Tiger Electronics. They were so absurdly POP that they were sorta amazing. I mean, the song clips were horrible quality, mono, & only 1 minute long. That's right: 1 minute long.

You can read more about them here & see a list of all the different songs that were available (Hilariously Mandy isn't even listed! No respect for Amanda Leigh Moore, I tell ya'!) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HitClips

Here are some other videos on YouTube about HitClips

Which HitClips did you have? If you're too young to remember, do they seem cool or awful?

Lila, Florencia., ohnostalgia and 7 others like this.
  19. I somehow never heard of HitClips until this forum. Your video of yours doesn't even sound like the real song! It sounds like a cover recorded in a different key.

The commercial is pretty amazing, if only for managing to sell such a terrible product pretty well. I cackled at the "classic" "MP3" "player" sneer quotes in the second thumbnail. And as for the third... MY LONELINESS AIN'T KILLIN' ME NO MORE!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.