Mandy Moore - General Discussion | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Mandy Moore - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Steve, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I'm trying to figure out the release order of her early UK singles. I just realized that "Candy" wasn't released until 2000 in the UK and the UK singles actually say "From the forthcoming album I Wanna Be With You." I knew So Real wasn't released everywhere, but I hadn't put two and two together that "Candy"'s international release would've been held off. So, I'm guessing that it was the lead for that album in the UK, with the title track following the second single? Discogs doesn't have a specific date for the UK singles and Wiki is being no help.

rubirubi and pop3blow2 like this.
  2. The U.K. debut album was called I Wanna Be With You but was an amalgamation of the US So Real and I Wanna Be With You albums. The track listing is listed here under European version https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Wanna_Be_with_You_(album)

Only Candy and I Wanna Be With You were released here with the tracks from So Real that didn’t make the album being the bsides.

Candy was released 24 April 2000.
    I Wanna Be With You single 7 August 2000.

https://www.cantstopthepop.com/2020/04/20/mandy-moore-candy/
    https://www.cantstopthepop.com/2019/08/05/mandy-moore-i-wanna-be-with-you/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    rubirubi, pop3blow2 and Angeleyes like this.
  3. This was really helpful. Thanks!

pop3blow2 and Robert like this.
  4. I am loving her latest album more and more during lock down. I hope we get more albums as she has a soothing voice

5. LPT

LPT

Her self titled is now available (at least in Ireland) on Spotify. I've been checking for years and I am so delighted. I absolutely adore the middle eastern/ indian vibe of the first third of the record , especially Saturate me.

pop3blow2, unnameable, tj-x and 6 others like this.
  6. This is one of my all time favourite records, one of the better ones to have come from that teen-girl bubblegum pop era of 2000’s.

Wish for this to be released one day as a double LP gatefold vinyl addition. One can dream!

pop3blow2, LPT, tj-x and 6 others like this.
  7. It's brilliant, definitely one of the best millennial pop albums. It has held up incredibly well. The Eastern influence makes it a lot closer to the likes of Britney's 'In The Zone' than anything else from that era.

x

8. I used to be obsessed with Cry and Crush. Can't wait to listen to them again

Txetxu, pop3blow2, LPT and 7 others like this.
  9. Best Mandy Moore album ever. For me, at least.

pop3blow2, LPT, tj-x and 2 others like this.
  10. Saturate Me, Cry, and Turn the Clock Around are IT.

pop3blow2, unnameable, LPT and 6 others like this.
  11. New video of her talking about being a parent. She looks great and Gus is cute. Nice to hear her insights.

12. Humblebrag alert, but I got to do this interview and (unsurprisingly) she could not have been lovelier. It was honestly the best shoot I’ve worked on all year.

Larsen, LPT, Euphoria and 11 others like this.
  13. Is it just me or does she look like Hilary?

14. Gus is ridiculously adorable.

15. New music is coming "very soon"!

16. Her last album was such musical perfection. A real slice of warm, homely music sung so beautifully.

For her next record, I hope that there are a few more upbeat songs, similar to ‘Break Your Heart Anyday of the Week’, ‘Slumming in Paradise’, ‘Save a Little of Yourself’ as well as those beautiful soul sweeping songs she does so well, ‘I’d Rather Lose’, ‘Fifteen’ and ‘Gardenia’.

Robert, Guyhawke!, pop3blow2 and 3 others like this.
  17. And a tour!

I was so bummed COVID canceled my chance of seeing her for the first time in 13 years. I was so excited. I really think Silver Landings would play so well live.

Robert likes this.
  18. Wonderful news - I didn't expect this to happen so quickly.

x

19. "Wild Hope" on vinyl would be a wonderful surprise. I wonder what she has to do to get that done.

Clyde and AndrewX like this.
  20. Just randomly saw this mentioned on Twitter. Apparently it's an 'Amazon Music exclusive'.

Music Is Death, unnameable and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.