Mandy Moore - Silver Landings | The Popjustice Forum

Mandy Moore - Silver Landings

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Crisp X, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yay more coffee house music, this time made with her husband. Just what I wanted [/sarcasm].

2. I'm (wild) hopeful. I love her voice so really anything new is a bonus, considering she's forever going to be on This Is Puss.

TRAVVV, lushLuck and AndrewX like this.
  3. I loved Wild Hope, but didn't ever really check out Amanda Leigh. I'll be interested to see what she does anyway.

AndrewX likes this.
  4. The new song is beautiful, I'm thrilled with it.

Mr Blonde, JasonJay, LPT and 18 others like this.
  5. So great! So happy to have her back!

Thanks for sharing the video. I just saw this on Twitter a bit ago, but hadn't seen the video yet...

https://ew.com/music/2019/09/17/mandy-moore-new-song/

Music Is Death and Robert like this.
  6. Its an ok song, and she sounds amazing, and just happy to have her back. I don’t follow social media or sign up for singer stuff , but is someone able to tell me is she doing a new album ? Or just a one off song

7. A good song and it’s pleasant enough, reminds me a little of that ‘Haim’ sound which isn’t a bad thing. Just wish in some ways she had come back with something a little bigger in sound or a little more upbeat and chart friendly, really allow her voice to shine and show off. However, I don’t think that is what she is going for anymore.

Pleased she is making a return and focusing on music again, hopefully this will lead to something more, an album or even a couple of songs and even an EP.

Still waiting for Invisible Ink to appear on UK downloads or ITunes however! That needs to be uploaded and released over here!

8. I love everything about it but there was something off during parts of the chorus. I think it was her tone, it just sounded a little odd. Nonetheless, I am so thrilled for new Mandy music.

cuddle dungeon likes this.
  9. Ummmmmmm

This is fantastic.

10. There is a new album in the works - won’t be coming until early 2020 though.

LPT, Jersey, Music Is Death and 5 others like this.
  11. Verses are much better than the chorus, where she sort of sounds like she's imitating someone. It's more or less what I was expecting.

AndrewX likes this.
  12. I love this. I'm so glad that she is stepping back into music, she is truly a gem.

Jersey, Robert, xOJakeXo and 2 others like this.
  13. Thank you

14. This was even better on second listen. The chorus does feel familiar, and she sounds so warm on it. I like how expressive she’s being in the verses, too. Also love the 90s feel of the bridge.

Am I crazy for getting White Lilies Island vibes, which might actually be a perfect direction for her?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  15. I can hear that. It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten some Natalie-vibes from her!

I'm in love with this. To be fair, the anticipation of waiting could be clouding my judgement... but I don't even care. Straight to repeat, for me.

16. This sounds great on first listen. It’s so good to have her back.

LKane, xOJakeXo, pop3blow2 and 2 others like this.
  17. MB

MB

Love this, very much in line with my all time fave of hers 'Nothing That You Are' (nothing will ever beat that for me). Listened a few times and definitely gets better each time.

Robert, xOJakeXo, pop3blow2 and 2 others like this.
  18. This is excellent. I can't help but sing Boys Don't Cry by Teddy Sinclair over the chorus though dd.

Mr Blonde, xOJakeXo and pop3blow2 like this.
  19. Oh wow, I love this, glad to have her back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.