Mandy Moore - Silver Landings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is likely just because I'm such huge fans of both of them, but I also get Charlotte Church 'Back To Scratch' vibes from 'When I Wasn't Watching' (both the lyrical mood & just the structure of the song).

Also, the video reminds me a bit of the concept behind Marit Larsen's low-key masterpiece 'I Don't Want To Talk About It'. In that video, she cleverly never sings the phrase 'I don't want to talk about it' until the very end. In Mandy's video, she never looks at the camera (watches) until the last chorus. I love simple little videos like that, that have some deeper symbolism going on.

All three were in my top 30 in the Pop Star Rate... ddd

I know this is likely just because I'm such huge fans of both of them, but I also get Charlotte Church 'Back To Scratch' vibes from 'When I Wasn't Watching' (both the lyrical mood & just the structure of the song).

Also, the video reminds me a bit of the concept behind Marit Larsen's low-key masterpiece 'I Don't Want To Talk About It'. In that video, she cleverly never sings the phrase 'I don't want to talk about it' until the very end. In Mandy's video, she never looks at the camera (watches) until the last chorus. I love simple little videos like that, that have some deeper symbolism going on.

All three were in my top 30 in the Pop Star Rate... ddd

I never really grew up with Mandy Moore, but this new track is stunning! It does indeed have a similar vibe to the two songs you mentioned! I was obsessed with both of these tunes at some point, but totally forgot they existed, so thanks for bringing those up again!

I am so happy to have her back, like many of you said I wasn't really checking for her back when she emerged (Britney was priority) but as time passed I noticed how great of a singer and actress she is. I'm glad she finally decided to give music another go because she also exceeds at it. And don't even get me started with her acting, she's marvelous on "This Is Us".

I actually think the chorus is stronger than the verses. Don't get me wrong, the verses are poignant. But the way the chorus just rushes over you like a warm summer breeze. Yeah, that hits my sweet spot.

A well done return to form as in her Wild Hope days. A decade in the making and she delivered the goods.

Welcome back, Amanda! You've surely been missed.

So I was looking to see if she's done any promo for the song at all (it doesn't really look like it?). But I found that she was asked a bit about it at the Emmys, although didn't say anything new. I feel Like I haven't heard her speak for years and now she sounds a bit different to how I remember. It's great that she's doing music again because she's missed writing, singing and performing. Hopefully she does some TV performances soon.

While I was looking, I also found this video stating she's producing a new show that's based on her early career. Did we know about this??

While I was looking, I also found this video stating she's producing a new show that's based on her early career. Did we know about this??

Oooh, I hadn't heard about this!? It sounds interesting, though I wonder if my Meta-Mandy brain could take it!

She really hasn't done much promo for 'When I Wasn't Watching'. It has chalked up over a million views on YouTube so far, though... so that's pretty exciting for a no-promo, comeback song.

Status
Not open for further replies.